Using Fax with DSL connection

Fax worked with no problems (XP Home edition on a Dell
laptop) while I was living in Barbados and using a dial-
up connection, but since returning to the States and
using BellSouth DSL service, I can't get the fax feature
to work. HELP, PLEASE!!!!
2 answers Last reply
More about using connection

    You can not fax using a DSL, unless you provider offers you a fax service.

    Fax only uses anolog modems with anolog phone lines.

    You cannot fax with a DSL with an exception. If your DSL line runs in
    conjunction with a voice line, you have to install a filter between the
    telephone jack and any voice or fax devices.
    You'll have to call your DSL provider if your not sure and ask them and also
    see if they have the filter..
    If your DSL line is not shared with
    the voice line, you will have to run a telephone line from your
    computer to an active voice line [phone line].

    "Marilyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Fax worked with no problems (XP Home edition on a Dell
    > laptop) while I was living in Barbados and using a dial-
    > up connection, but since returning to the States and
    > using BellSouth DSL service, I can't get the fax feature
    > to work. HELP, PLEASE!!!!

Fax Connection DSL Windows XP