Using Fax with DSL connection

Fax worked with no problems (XP Home edition on a Dell
laptop) while I was living in Barbados and using a dial-
up connection, but since returning to the States and
using BellSouth DSL service, I can't get the fax feature
to work. HELP, PLEASE!!!!

You can not fax using a DSL, unless you provider offers you a fax service.

Fax only uses anolog modems with anolog phone lines.

You cannot fax with a DSL with an exception. If your DSL line runs in
conjunction with a voice line, you have to install a filter between the
telephone jack and any voice or fax devices.
You'll have to call your DSL provider if your not sure and ask them and also
see if they have the filter..
If your DSL line is not shared with
the voice line, you will have to run a telephone line from your
computer to an active voice line [phone line].