MOBS KEEP GETTING CLOSER< THEN WARP BACK

Never come accros this problem before, but has been happening since patch
repair of 31.1 2005

Put simply, I have 2 PCs, both adequate spec, and 2 accounts, but since the
path, when I "pull a mob" with either char, on either computer, the MOB
starts to run to me but keeps "warping" back, and trying again. This scene
is visible on both machines at the same time.

I can watch as a Mob runs straight at me on one screen, and on the other
screen, I can se it from a diffeent angle doing the same.

Also I have noticed that when i type in my chat windows, there seems to be a
delay before the text I have written appears in my window.

One thing i did notie was the green dial (F11 activated thingy) was at 100%
but kept fast changing to 99.something, very very fast before constantly
switching back to 100% again, this changingin was very fast.

Sorry i cant be better description, but have never come across this before.

Any advice welcome
6 answers Last reply
More about mobs closer warp back

    "STORRIDGE" <everhard@ntlworld.comNOspam> wrote in

    > Never come accros this problem before, but has been happening since
    > patch repair of 31.1 2005
    >
    > Put simply, I have 2 PCs, both adequate spec, and 2 accounts, but
    > since the path, when I "pull a mob" with either char, on either
    > computer, the MOB starts to run to me but keeps "warping" back, and
    > trying again. This scene is visible on both machines at the same time.
    >
    > I can watch as a Mob runs straight at me on one screen, and on the
    > other screen, I can se it from a diffeent angle doing the same.
    >
    > Also I have noticed that when i type in my chat windows, there seems
    > to be a delay before the text I have written appears in my window.
    >
    > One thing i did notie was the green dial (F11 activated thingy) was at
    > 100% but kept fast changing to 99.something, very very fast before
    > constantly switching back to 100% again, this changingin was very
    > fast.
    >
    > Sorry i cant be better description, but have never come across this
    > before.

    The symptom you are describing is usually caused by communication
    problems, where your computer and the server are not agreeing on the
    position of the mob, and when the server updates the position, you
    computer then shows the mob warp to it's server provided position.
    Communication problems can cause this type of behavior.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 23 Dwarven Mystic, 20 Sage
    Aviv, 12 Gnome Brawler, 14 Craftsman

    "STORRIDGE" <everhard@ntlworld.comNOspam> wrote in message
    > Never come accros this problem before, but has been happening since patch
    > repair of 31.1 2005

    why are you still playing this game

    hello, its 2005, get with the program and get EQ2

    One thing I have noticed furthr is that this only happens in the zone thts
    is Ocean of tear??

    "Lopez" <lopez_1_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "STORRIDGE" <everhard@ntlworld.comNOspam> wrote in message
    >> Never come accros this problem before, but has been happening since patch
    >> repair of 31.1 2005
    >>

    > why are you still playing this game
    >
    > hello, its 2005, get with the program and get EQ2

    Go away troll, visit alt.games.everquest2 if you want to discuss EQ2.
    EQ1 has a new expansion due in 2 weeks. Maybe that's why he's still playing!
    T.

    "STORRIDGE" <everhard@ntlworld.comNOspam> wrote in message
    > Never come accros this problem before, but has been happening since patch
    > repair of 31.1 2005
    >
    > Put simply, I have 2 PCs, both adequate spec, and 2 accounts, but since
    > the path, when I "pull a mob" with either char, on either computer, the
    > MOB starts to run to me but keeps "warping" back, and trying again. This
    > scene is visible on both machines at the same time.
    >
    > I can watch as a Mob runs straight at me on one screen, and on the other
    > screen, I can se it from a diffeent angle doing the same.
    >
    > Also I have noticed that when i type in my chat windows, there seems to be
    > a delay before the text I have written appears in my window.
    >
    > One thing i did notie was the green dial (F11 activated thingy) was at
    > 100% but kept fast changing to 99.something, very very fast before
    > constantly switching back to 100% again, this changingin was very fast.
    >
    > Sorry i cant be better description, but have never come across this
    > before.
    >
    > Any advice welcome
    I was having this issue a lot when using dial-up modem and raiding. Think
    it's a comms overload / lag issue. After switching to a DSL connection,
    I've never seen it since.

    T.

    <reply to OP moved to bottom>

    "STORRIDGE" <everhard@ntlworld.comNOspam> a écrit dans le message de news:
    S_6Md.352$Dm5.39@newsfe2-win.ntli.net...
    > One thing I have noticed furthr is that this only happens in the zone thts
    > is Ocean of tear??

    Exact same thing happened to me in OoT recently.

    Once I set my pet on a mob, I'd lose sight of both mob and warder and 'could
    not see your target' when trying to melee.

    If I moved more that 4-5 steps, I'd have to summon my warder from wherever
    it was he'd disappeared to.

    Spells took forever to mem and cast - it was just hellacious.

    People zoning in (for Druid epic 1.0, I believe) were fine for a minute or
    two then were also plagued with the same problems.

    We all left to petition. Servers came down shortly after (once, twice? can't
    remember) and everything was ok after that. Never heard anything about my
    petition...

    Downed my first AC soon after, though! :-)

    Regards,

    Zoop

Video Games