Fax Service don't work

asdasd

Hi,

I have disabled fax service some time ago, I don't rember why, but right now
I wished to enable. I've gone to services.msc and start the fax service, but
I have obtained a windows show me the impossibility to start the fax
service. " Impossible to start Fax service. The fax service has not found
errors. Could be an internal error in windows or an error on the application
service."
I have also disabled the RPC Locator, but I dont belive this is the origin
of this failure.
What can I do to rebuild the Fax service ????

Thank you

Prot

"asdasd" <irziope@tin.it> wrote in message news:<ELxcc.27151$rM4.1284418@news4.tin.it>...
> Hi,

UP !!

Thank you

pinopili@xoom.it (Lod Kiu) wrote in message news:<d96e6814.0404070130.27648fe6@posting.google.com>...

Anybody has the same problem ?

Do your machine have a modem? If so service will start fine. If not service
will not start. If you still want to start the service [without a modem]
bring up Fax Console window and hit F5 (refresh). The service will start.

--
Archan Das

purposes only.

"Archan Das [MSFT]" <archand@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<407e515f@news.microsoft.com>...
> Do your machine have a modem? If so service will start fine. If not service
> will not start. If you still want to start the service [without a modem]
> bring up Fax Console window and hit F5 (refresh). The service will start.
>
> --

Thank you for your replay,

Yes, I have a moden, but the service will not start and I have tried
to start the fax console, but there is no way to start the service. In
Services Management I have also tried to restart the fax service
without any result.

What can I do ??

Thank

Pin

Could you let us know the following:-

1) What is the exact error you see when the servive fails to restart.
2) Can you check the event viewer and see if there is any event logged.

--
Mayuri Diwan

purposes only.'

"Mayuri Diwan[MSFT]" <mayurid@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<uDilfhEKEHA.3084@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> Could you let us know the following:-
>
> 1) What is the exact error you see when the servive fails to restart.
> 2) Can you check the event viewer and see if there is any event logged.
>
> --
> Mayuri Diwan
> Microsoft Printing, Imaging and Fax Team

THank for your interest. Here briefly I am going to explain what is
going to happen with.
Some time ago I have disabled the fax service and wheb I wish to
restart the service I 've got this windows message (I translate from
Italian) "Impossibile to strat the fax service in the local computer.
The service has not error.But it could be an error in windows or in
the service. If the probleme continuing contact the system
administrator."
In the event log I can see only:
event 7011 "Timout (30000 millisecondi) durante l'attesa della
risposta alla transazione dal servizio dmserver.", but anithing about
fax service.
The fax, and I am sure, is working well. I have tested it with other
OS windows 98 that I have, but here in W2K doesn't want to work.
I don't know waht can do.

Thank

Pino

pinopili@xoom.it (Lod Kiu) wrote in message news:<d96e6814.0404221515.6f60817f@posting.google.com>...
> "Mayuri Diwan[MSFT]" <mayurid@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<uDilfhEKEHA.3084@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> > Could you let us know the following:-
> >
> > 1) What is the exact error you see when the servive fails to restart.
> > 2) Can you check the event viewer and see if there is any event logged.
> >
> > --
> > Mayuri Diwan
> > Microsoft Printing, Imaging and Fax Team

Have you any answer for my question ???
Thank

Prot

TRENDING THREADS