Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Importing from Winfax?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
April 6, 2004 6:22:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Anyone know if it's possible to import fax logs, message,
phonebooks, etc. from Winfax (version 9) into Microsoft Fax
Console?


Thanks

More about : importing winfax

Anonymous
April 6, 2004 9:51:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

No, assuming you mean Windows XP Fax, not Microsoft Fax.
Was WinFax using it's own data source for fax numbers, or Outlook's?

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"SH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1651e01c41c1d$46deeaa0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Anyone know if it's possible to import fax logs, message,
> phonebooks, etc. from Winfax (version 9) into Microsoft Fax
> Console?
>
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
April 6, 2004 10:23:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Thanks - I guess it's Windows XP Fax. I'm using XP Pro,
and when I click Help-About, is says "Windows XP Pro,
Microsoft Fax Console, version 5.1"

Are there 2 different programs?



>-----Original Message-----
>No, assuming you mean Windows XP Fax, not Microsoft Fax.
>Was WinFax using it's own data source for fax numbers, or
Outlook's?
>
>--
>Russ Valentine
>[MVP-Outlook]
>"SH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>news:1651e01c41c1d$46deeaa0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>> Anyone know if it's possible to import fax logs, message,
>> phonebooks, etc. from Winfax (version 9) into Microsoft Fax
>> Console?
>>
>>
>> Thanks
>
>
>.
>
Related resources
Anonymous
April 7, 2004 1:00:59 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

You tell me. "Version 9" sounds to me like Symantec's WinFax Pro, which is
third party software and has nothing at all to do with Windows XP Fax. It
rarely even works on Windows XP.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"SH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1941801c41c3e$f0b3c5c0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> Thanks - I guess it's Windows XP Fax. I'm using XP Pro,
> and when I click Help-About, is says "Windows XP Pro,
> Microsoft Fax Console, version 5.1"
>
> Are there 2 different programs?
>
>
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >No, assuming you mean Windows XP Fax, not Microsoft Fax.
> >Was WinFax using it's own data source for fax numbers, or
> Outlook's?
> >
> >--
> >Russ Valentine
> >[MVP-Outlook]
> >"SH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >news:1651e01c41c1d$46deeaa0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> >> Anyone know if it's possible to import fax logs, message,
> >> phonebooks, etc. from Winfax (version 9) into Microsoft Fax
> >> Console?
> >>
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >
> >
> >.
> >
Anonymous
April 7, 2004 3:28:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Yes, it is Winfax version 9. I want to import those
records into Windows XP fax (Microsoft Fax Console, version
5.1).

You're right, Winfax v.9 doesn't work under Windows XP,
though Symantec has a Winfax v10.02, which is supposed to
be OK with Windows XP.




>-----Original Message-----
>You tell me. "Version 9" sounds to me like Symantec's
WinFax Pro, which is
>third party software and has nothing at all to do with
Windows XP Fax. It
>rarely even works on Windows XP.
>--
>Russ Valentine
>[MVP-Outlook]
>"SH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>news:1941801c41c3e$f0b3c5c0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>> Thanks - I guess it's Windows XP Fax. I'm using XP Pro,
>> and when I click Help-About, is says "Windows XP Pro,
>> Microsoft Fax Console, version 5.1"
>>
>> Are there 2 different programs?
>>
>>
>>
>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >No, assuming you mean Windows XP Fax, not Microsoft Fax.
>> >Was WinFax using it's own data source for fax numbers, or
>> Outlook's?
>> >
>> >--
>> >Russ Valentine
>> >[MVP-Outlook]
>> >"SH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >news:1651e01c41c1d$46deeaa0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>> >> Anyone know if it's possible to import fax logs, message,
>> >> phonebooks, etc. from Winfax (version 9) into
Microsoft Fax
>> >> Console?
Anonymous
April 7, 2004 7:52:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Windows XP Fax has no such feature.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"SH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:199a101c41cce$2a286e70$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Yes, it is Winfax version 9. I want to import those
> records into Windows XP fax (Microsoft Fax Console, version
> 5.1).
>
> You're right, Winfax v.9 doesn't work under Windows XP,
> though Symantec has a Winfax v10.02, which is supposed to
> be OK with Windows XP.
>
>
>
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >You tell me. "Version 9" sounds to me like Symantec's
> WinFax Pro, which is
> >third party software and has nothing at all to do with
> Windows XP Fax. It
> >rarely even works on Windows XP.
> >--
> >Russ Valentine
> >[MVP-Outlook]
> >"SH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >news:1941801c41c3e$f0b3c5c0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> >> Thanks - I guess it's Windows XP Fax. I'm using XP Pro,
> >> and when I click Help-About, is says "Windows XP Pro,
> >> Microsoft Fax Console, version 5.1"
> >>
> >> Are there 2 different programs?
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> >-----Original Message-----
> >> >No, assuming you mean Windows XP Fax, not Microsoft Fax.
> >> >Was WinFax using it's own data source for fax numbers, or
> >> Outlook's?
> >> >
> >> >--
> >> >Russ Valentine
> >> >[MVP-Outlook]
> >> >"SH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >news:1651e01c41c1d$46deeaa0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> >> >> Anyone know if it's possible to import fax logs, message,
> >> >> phonebooks, etc. from Winfax (version 9) into
> Microsoft Fax
> >> >> Console?
>
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 1:09:39 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Too bad you bought that. What Symantec does not tell you is that
WinFax Pro does not work anymore over an Internet.
WinFax Pro utilizes port 135 which every ISP now blocks/filters at the
request of Microsoft's request to Homeland Security in our government.

I know it does not answer your question, however, once you have it
installed, it will be impossible now to use over Internet. However, as
a local fax machine, it works great. But so do plenty of freebie softwares
too.



In article <1651e01c41c1d$46deeaa0$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
>
>Anyone know if it's possible to import fax logs, message,
>phonebooks, etc. from Winfax (version 9) into Microsoft Fax
>Console?
>
>
>Thanks
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 1:09:40 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Are you serious? Where did you come up with this one?
Fax uses phone lines, not the Internet. Always has, always will. Please be
more careful to be accurate when posting answers.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Andreas Ochs" <Andreas.Ochs@usa.net> wrote in message
news:niEdc.447546$Po1.58721@twister.tampabay.rr.com...
> Too bad you bought that. What Symantec does not tell you is that
> WinFax Pro does not work anymore over an Internet.
> WinFax Pro utilizes port 135 which every ISP now blocks/filters at the
> request of Microsoft's request to Homeland Security in our government.
>
> I know it does not answer your question, however, once you have it
> installed, it will be impossible now to use over Internet. However, as
> a local fax machine, it works great. But so do plenty of freebie softwares
> too.
>
>
>
> In article <1651e01c41c1d$46deeaa0$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
> anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> >
> >Anyone know if it's possible to import fax logs, message,
> >phonebooks, etc. from Winfax (version 9) into Microsoft Fax
> >Console?
> >
> >
> >Thanks
>
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 12:09:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Actually, Andreas is corret and you are wrong.
WinFax Pro uses phone and internet; it is capable of communicating
via WinFax-client/WinFax-server. We used to use it to fax our
customers in Japan. However, with the closing of port 135, as ISPs are
doing, the software WinFax Pro no longer works in that capacity.
Yet, Symantec still markets it like it does. Even today!
It works no more.


In article <#IOJRCoHEHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, russval@mvps.org says...
>
>Are you serious? Where did you come up with this one?
>Fax uses phone lines, not the Internet. Always has, always will. Please be
>more careful to be accurate when posting answers.
>
>--
>Russ Valentine
>[MVP-Outlook]
>"Andreas Ochs" <Andreas.Ochs@usa.net> wrote in message
>news:niEdc.447546$Po1.58721@twister.tampabay.rr.com...
>> Too bad you bought that. What Symantec does not tell you is that
>> WinFax Pro does not work anymore over an Internet.
>> WinFax Pro utilizes port 135 which every ISP now blocks/filters at the
>> request of Microsoft's request to Homeland Security in our government.
>>
>> I know it does not answer your question, however, once you have it
>> installed, it will be impossible now to use over Internet. However, as
>> a local fax machine, it works great. But so do plenty of freebie softwares
>> too.
>>
>>
>>
>> In article <1651e01c41c1d$46deeaa0$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
>> anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
>> >
>> >Anyone know if it's possible to import fax logs, message,
>> >phonebooks, etc. from Winfax (version 9) into Microsoft Fax
>> >Console?
>> >
>> >
>> >Thanks
>>
>
>
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 12:09:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Not the same. Of course you can send fax requests via the Internet to a fax
service you've hired. That fax service then uses phone lines to send the
fax.
Fax uses phone lines. Period.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Paula Symcox" <iwonttell@u.edu> wrote in message
news:x4RCc.10853$rh.8747@okepread02...
> Actually, Andreas is corret and you are wrong.
> WinFax Pro uses phone and internet; it is capable of communicating
> via WinFax-client/WinFax-server. We used to use it to fax our
> customers in Japan. However, with the closing of port 135, as ISPs are
> doing, the software WinFax Pro no longer works in that capacity.
> Yet, Symantec still markets it like it does. Even today!
> It works no more.
>
>
> In article <#IOJRCoHEHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, russval@mvps.org
says...
> >
> >Are you serious? Where did you come up with this one?
> >Fax uses phone lines, not the Internet. Always has, always will. Please
be
> >more careful to be accurate when posting answers.
> >
> >--
> >Russ Valentine
> >[MVP-Outlook]
> >"Andreas Ochs" <Andreas.Ochs@usa.net> wrote in message
> >news:niEdc.447546$Po1.58721@twister.tampabay.rr.com...
> >> Too bad you bought that. What Symantec does not tell you is that
> >> WinFax Pro does not work anymore over an Internet.
> >> WinFax Pro utilizes port 135 which every ISP now blocks/filters at the
> >> request of Microsoft's request to Homeland Security in our government.
> >>
> >> I know it does not answer your question, however, once you have it
> >> installed, it will be impossible now to use over Internet. However, as
> >> a local fax machine, it works great. But so do plenty of freebie
softwares
> >> too.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> In article <1651e01c41c1d$46deeaa0$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
> >> anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> >> >
> >> >Anyone know if it's possible to import fax logs, message,
> >> >phonebooks, etc. from Winfax (version 9) into Microsoft Fax
> >> >Console?
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >Thanks
> >>
> >
> >
>
Anonymous
June 26, 2004 3:54:16 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Paula Symcox wrote:

> Actually, Andreas is corret and you are wrong.
> WinFax Pro uses phone and internet; it is capable of communicating
> via WinFax-client/WinFax-server. We used to use it to fax our
> customers in Japan. However, with the closing of port 135, as ISPs are
> doing, the software WinFax Pro no longer works in that capacity.
> Yet, Symantec still markets it like it does. Even today!
> It works no more.
>
>
> In article <#IOJRCoHEHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, russval@mvps.org says...
>
>>Are you serious? Where did you come up with this one?
>>Fax uses phone lines, not the Internet. Always has, always will. Please be
>>more careful to be accurate when posting answers.
>>
>>--
>>Russ Valentine
>>[MVP-Outlook]
>>"Andreas Ochs" <Andreas.Ochs@usa.net> wrote in message
>>news:niEdc.447546$Po1.58721@twister.tampabay.rr.com...
>>
>>>Too bad you bought that. What Symantec does not tell you is that
>>>WinFax Pro does not work anymore over an Internet.
>>>WinFax Pro utilizes port 135 which every ISP now blocks/filters at the
>>>request of Microsoft's request to Homeland Security in our government.
>>>
>>>I know it does not answer your question, however, once you have it
>>>installed, it will be impossible now to use over Internet. However, as
>>>a local fax machine, it works great. But so do plenty of freebie softwares
>>>too.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>In article <1651e01c41c1d$46deeaa0$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
>>>anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
>>>
>>>>Anyone know if it's possible to import fax logs, message,
>>>>phonebooks, etc. from Winfax (version 9) into Microsoft Fax
>>>>Console?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Thanks
>>>
>>
>
If you have a direct number to reach you Winfax Customer
try using that with Winfax, as in olden days of fax.

--
Lester Stiefel
In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed
which describe him in the last days.
Is your quality found on this list??
!