Importing from Winfax?

Anyone know if it's possible to import fax logs, message,
phonebooks, etc. from Winfax (version 9) into Microsoft Fax
Console?

Thanks
10 answers Last reply
More about importing winfax

    No, assuming you mean Windows XP Fax, not Microsoft Fax.
    Was WinFax using it's own data source for fax numbers, or Outlook's?

    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "SH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone know if it's possible to import fax logs, message,
    > phonebooks, etc. from Winfax (version 9) into Microsoft Fax
    > Console?
    >

    > Thanks

    Thanks - I guess it's Windows XP Fax. I'm using XP Pro,
    and when I click Help-About, is says "Windows XP Pro,
    Microsoft Fax Console, version 5.1"

    Are there 2 different programs?

    You tell me. "Version 9" sounds to me like Symantec's WinFax Pro, which is
    third party software and has nothing at all to do with Windows XP Fax. It
    rarely even works on Windows XP.
    --
    > Thanks - I guess it's Windows XP Fax. I'm using XP Pro,
    > and when I click Help-About, is says "Windows XP Pro,
    > Microsoft Fax Console, version 5.1"
    >
    > Are there 2 different programs?

    Yes, it is Winfax version 9. I want to import those
    records into Windows XP fax (Microsoft Fax Console, version
    5.1).

    You're right, Winfax v.9 doesn't work under Windows XP,
    though Symantec has a Winfax v10.02, which is supposed to
    be OK with Windows XP.

    Windows XP Fax has no such feature.
    --
    > Yes, it is Winfax version 9. I want to import those
    > records into Windows XP fax (Microsoft Fax Console, version
    > 5.1).
    >
    > You're right, Winfax v.9 doesn't work under Windows XP,
    > though Symantec has a Winfax v10.02, which is supposed to
    > be OK with Windows XP.

    Too bad you bought that. What Symantec does not tell you is that
    WinFax Pro does not work anymore over an Internet.
    WinFax Pro utilizes port 135 which every ISP now blocks/filters at the
    request of Microsoft's request to Homeland Security in our government.

    I know it does not answer your question, however, once you have it
    installed, it will be impossible now to use over Internet. However, as
    a local fax machine, it works great. But so do plenty of freebie softwares
    too.

    In article <1651e01c41c1d$46deeaa0$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
    anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...

    >Anyone know if it's possible to import fax logs, message,
    >phonebooks, etc. from Winfax (version 9) into Microsoft Fax
    >Console?
    >

    >Thanks

    Are you serious? Where did you come up with this one?
    Fax uses phone lines, not the Internet. Always has, always will. Please be
    more careful to be accurate when posting answers.

    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Andreas Ochs" <Andreas.Ochs@usa.net> wrote in message
    > Too bad you bought that. What Symantec does not tell you is that
    > WinFax Pro does not work anymore over an Internet.
    > WinFax Pro utilizes port 135 which every ISP now blocks/filters at the
    > request of Microsoft's request to Homeland Security in our government.
    >
    > I know it does not answer your question, however, once you have it
    > installed, it will be impossible now to use over Internet. However, as
    > a local fax machine, it works great. But so do plenty of freebie softwares
    > too.
    >

    > In article <1651e01c41c1d$46deeaa0$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
    > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
    > >
    > >Anyone know if it's possible to import fax logs, message,
    > >phonebooks, etc. from Winfax (version 9) into Microsoft Fax
    > >Console?
    > >

    > >Thanks

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Actually, Andreas is corret and you are wrong.
    WinFax Pro uses phone and internet; it is capable of communicating
    via WinFax-client/WinFax-server. We used to use it to fax our
    customers in Japan. However, with the closing of port 135, as ISPs are
    doing, the software WinFax Pro no longer works in that capacity.
    Yet, Symantec still markets it like it does. Even today!
    It works no more.

    In article <#IOJRCoHEHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, russval@mvps.org says...

    >Are you serious? Where did you come up with this one?
    >Fax uses phone lines, not the Internet. Always has, always will. Please be
    >more careful to be accurate when posting answers.
    >
    >--
    >Russ Valentine
    >[MVP-Outlook]
    >"Andreas Ochs" <Andreas.Ochs@usa.net> wrote in message
    >> Too bad you bought that. What Symantec does not tell you is that
    >> WinFax Pro does not work anymore over an Internet.
    >> WinFax Pro utilizes port 135 which every ISP now blocks/filters at the
    >> request of Microsoft's request to Homeland Security in our government.
    >>
    >> I know it does not answer your question, however, once you have it
    >> installed, it will be impossible now to use over Internet. However, as
    >> a local fax machine, it works great. But so do plenty of freebie softwares
    >> too.
    >>

    >> In article <1651e01c41c1d$46deeaa0$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
    >> anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
    >> >
    >> >Anyone know if it's possible to import fax logs, message,
    >> >phonebooks, etc. from Winfax (version 9) into Microsoft Fax
    >> >Console?
    >> >

    >> >Thanks

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Not the same. Of course you can send fax requests via the Internet to a fax
    service you've hired. That fax service then uses phone lines to send the
    fax.
    Fax uses phone lines. Period.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Paula Symcox" <iwonttell@u.edu> wrote in message
    > Actually, Andreas is corret and you are wrong.
    > WinFax Pro uses phone and internet; it is capable of communicating
    > via WinFax-client/WinFax-server. We used to use it to fax our
    > customers in Japan. However, with the closing of port 135, as ISPs are
    > doing, the software WinFax Pro no longer works in that capacity.
    > Yet, Symantec still markets it like it does. Even today!
    > It works no more.
    >

    > In article <#IOJRCoHEHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, russval@mvps.org
    says...

    > >Are you serious? Where did you come up with this one?
    > >Fax uses phone lines, not the Internet. Always has, always will. Please
    be
    > >more careful to be accurate when posting answers.
    > >
    > >--
    > >Russ Valentine
    > >[MVP-Outlook]
    > >"Andreas Ochs" <Andreas.Ochs@usa.net> wrote in message
    > >> Too bad you bought that. What Symantec does not tell you is that
    > >> WinFax Pro does not work anymore over an Internet.
    > >> WinFax Pro utilizes port 135 which every ISP now blocks/filters at the
    > >> request of Microsoft's request to Homeland Security in our government.
    > >>
    > >> I know it does not answer your question, however, once you have it
    > >> installed, it will be impossible now to use over Internet. However, as
    > >> a local fax machine, it works great. But so do plenty of freebie
    softwares
    > >> too.
    > >>

    > >> In article <1651e01c41c1d$46deeaa0$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
    > >> anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Paula Symcox wrote:

    > Actually, Andreas is corret and you are wrong.
    > WinFax Pro uses phone and internet; it is capable of communicating
    > via WinFax-client/WinFax-server. We used to use it to fax our
    > customers in Japan. However, with the closing of port 135, as ISPs are
    > doing, the software WinFax Pro no longer works in that capacity.
    > Yet, Symantec still markets it like it does. Even today!
    > It works no more.
    >

    > In article <#IOJRCoHEHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, russval@mvps.org says...
    >
    >>Are you serious? Where did you come up with this one?
    >>Fax uses phone lines, not the Internet. Always has, always will. Please be
    >>more careful to be accurate when posting answers.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Russ Valentine
    >>[MVP-Outlook]
    >>"Andreas Ochs" <Andreas.Ochs@usa.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Too bad you bought that. What Symantec does not tell you is that
    >>>WinFax Pro does not work anymore over an Internet.
    >>>WinFax Pro utilizes port 135 which every ISP now blocks/filters at the
    >>>request of Microsoft's request to Homeland Security in our government.
    >>>
    >>>I know it does not answer your question, however, once you have it
    >>>installed, it will be impossible now to use over Internet. However, as
    >>>a local fax machine, it works great. But so do plenty of freebie softwares
    >>>too.
    >>>

    >>>In article <1651e01c41c1d$46deeaa0$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
    >>>anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...

    If you have a direct number to reach you Winfax Customer
    try using that with Winfax, as in olden days of fax.

    --
    Lester Stiefel
    In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed

Fax Consoles Microsoft Windows XP