Help Me, fed up. Horrible Perodical Lag/ Windows 7 64 bit

stagierfall

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
Hello, My name is michael, and I need help badly. Alright, I am fed up with this. I need help. I upgraded my PC to windows 7 and all games worked fine for awhile. Now all my games besides like Minecraft LAG!. I have 64bit, memory remap enabled, and 4 gb ram. All games besides minecraft are smooth FPS then drop to like 5-10... everything is up-to-date. I really want to fix this, I have even tried turning off Windows Event Log. Please Help me. I am about to rip my PC to shreds. I just want to play my games...

My System Specs are -

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz, 2936 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0216, 12/31/2009
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.50 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.49 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.90 GB
Page File Space 3.50 GB
Graphics Card Nvidia 9800 GT

I have a gateway 18" monitor with games running on 1600x1200, though Mass Effect and a couple others at like 1200x180 or something like that.

Thanks

Update - Minecraft now lags

Solution
First off are your drivers up to date? Next are you checking your temps and if so with what program are you using? Does your laging start as soon as you start playing or does it come on later?

nocturnal7x

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
Yea, my friend had this issue. This may be a fix, follow my steps:

1. Open Internet explorer (64 bit), make sure you open the 64 bit IE. It will say its 64 bit IE.

2. Go to the java website, just google java or go to java.com.

3. Download "java 64bit" then install it.

Once your running 64 bit java, Minecraft should work like it did before. Please note, you need to visit the java website using the 64 bit version of Internet Explorer to get the D link for 64 bit java. I know, extremely stupid.

Hope this helps!

stagierfall

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012

Drivers are up-to-date as far as I know, will clarify. My temps are monitored by EVGA Precision, I know it's a overclocking tool but it shows the temp. My GPU Temp is 95 on average.

When I start a game it's all good, 5-7 minutes later it hits. Hard. Then it goes away after awhile, and that's the cycle. :(

DM186

Splendid

Well the 95c is way to hot and 5-7 minutes would go hand in hand with high heat. Heat will cause all kinds of problems mostly with Lag. You should never go over 80c. Even in laptops.

You might want to check out if you have a lot of dust build up inside. Take some compressed air and blow out all the vents that you can. Once you have done that try gaming again and check temps.

stagierfall

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012

Also, in minecraft it now sits at 103 c as I'm playing. That should'nt be that high while in MC..

stagierfall

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012

I think it's fixed. Unknown to me my main fan broke, and was overheating the GPU. I think I fixed. It was also INSANELY dirty..

TRENDING THREADS