Amd K6-III+ a great CpU

G

I've taken my FIC-503 to the limit with the Amd K6-III+ and am not disappointed!!! My Overclocked Duron 600 (Epox Ep-8kta+)running at 800mhz rated 63.9 on Winbench99's Cpumark99. My K6-III+ 450 Oveerclocked to 550mhz rated an astounding 57.8 on the Cpumark99 test! The K-6III 400 I replaced had rated 46.1 on the same test. One of the nicest parts is I am able to run it without bumping the voltage (same as my Duron) and as a matter a fact run it a .1 below spec @ 1.9v. In my process of upgrading I searched for information on others experiences with these chips, and was unable to find much. I am wanting to bring peoples
attention to an excellent and inexpensive option to a really fantastic system!
Some important issues I encountered:
1)The Bios on the FIC although current for K6-III's did not even post with the K6-III+ chip. FIC hides the Beta Bios that works extrodinarilly troublefree in the FAQ section.
2)I only run Win95-Osr2, and although I had installed the AMD update patch with my origional K6-III 400, the K6III+ would boot into windows at the stock multiplier (4.5) but when I upped it...I could not boot into windows and received an obscure error ntxxxx unable to load windows...
reinstalled AMD Update patch and it runs flawlessly now.
>>>>My only question is how to be certain that "Write Allocate" is enabled? I have tried some software prograns like WCPUID, but still can't tell.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
amdzone has an entire forum dedicated to the k6-x series of chips try there for all the info you could possibly want on the k6-3+

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

TRENDING THREADS