Solved

Steam Issue - Darksiders Won't Start

i received Darksiders free with my computer. i downloaded it at the steam website, the install was clean. but when i click to play it, a window pops up and says "first time setup; 1 of 2". it quickly disappears and says "the game is currently unavailable, try again later".

i contracted steam. in the list of issues, in the drop down menu, one of the options was this very query (game says currently unavailable." i have since contacted them another time, each time getting only the automated do not reply email.

anyone else ever have this issue?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about steam issue darksiders start
  1. Hi mojorisin23

Have you got the Steam client installed on your system, and do you have a Steam at all? If not, when you visited the Steam website originally did the related info suggest that Steam client would be installed automatically?
  2. Yeah, i alraedy have Batman listed under the steam account and that functions fine (although i'm not a huge fan of it; it also came free).

Darksiders is also listed there with batman in my library of games.
  3. Best answer
    Start Steam
    Go to library
    Right click on Darksiders entry
    Navigate down to Properties
    Click on Local files tab
    Click on verify integrity of game cache.

If that doesn't help, I am afraid I am tapped out on what advice to offer
  4. Just a thought. Is there any evidence that the game is being updated - click the entry in your library. If it is the throes of an update you will be unable to access the game.
  5. Best answer selected by mojorisin23.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Computers Games Steam Video Games