Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Steam Issue - Darksiders Won't Start

Last response: in Video Games
March 19, 2012 12:24:20 PM

i received Darksiders free with my computer. i downloaded it at the steam website, the install was clean. but when i click to play it, a window pops up and says "first time setup; 1 of 2". it quickly disappears and says "the game is currently unavailable, try again later".

i contracted steam. in the list of issues, in the drop down menu, one of the options was this very query (game says currently unavailable." i have since contacted them another time, each time getting only the automated do not reply email.

anyone else ever have this issue?
March 19, 2012 1:02:20 PM

Hi mojorisin23

Have you got the Steam client installed on your system, and do you have a Steam at all? If not, when you visited the Steam website originally did the related info suggest that Steam client would be installed automatically?
m
l
March 19, 2012 1:05:02 PM

Yeah, i alraedy have Batman listed under the steam account and that functions fine (although i'm not a huge fan of it; it also came free).

Darksiders is also listed there with batman in my library of games.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

March 19, 2012 1:15:00 PM

Start Steam
Go to library
Right click on Darksiders entry
Navigate down to Properties
Click on Local files tab
Click on verify integrity of game cache.

If that doesn't help, I am afraid I am tapped out on what advice to offer
March 19, 2012 1:24:51 PM

Just a thought. Is there any evidence that the game is being updated - click the entry in your library. If it is the throes of an update you will be unable to access the game.
m
l
March 26, 2012 10:29:09 AM

Best answer selected by mojorisin23.
m
l
!