DOS application printing in XP

Using the net use command to print a DOS application in
XP. Had no problems in NT. Now, we can print from
administrator account, but not from user. EVERYONE has
access to the printer.

Any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about application printing

    If there is an LPT1: port on your system and you are attempting to
    net use LPT1: \\server\printshare, this will fail for user accounts.

    Users are no longer allowed to map to physical devices, (this is a security
    change in XP), use LPT2: if there is not physical LPT2: port on the system.
    If the software only recognizes LPT1: you will need to disable the LPT port
    in the BIOS of the system.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313644&Product=winxp
    Non-Administrators Cannot Remap an LPT Port to a Network Printer

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "Linda R" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Using the net use command to print a DOS application in
    > XP. Had no problems in NT. Now, we can print from
    > administrator account, but not from user. EVERYONE has
    > access to the printer.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Try this:

    "Linda R" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Using the net use command to print a DOS application in
    > XP. Had no problems in NT. Now, we can print from
    > administrator account, but not from user. EVERYONE has
    > access to the printer.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

DOS Command Prompt Windows XP