Using the net use command to print a DOS application in
XP. Had no problems in NT. Now, we can print from
administrator account, but not from user. EVERYONE has
access to the printer.

Any suggestions?

If there is an LPT1: port on your system and you are attempting to
net use LPT1: \\server\printshare, this will fail for user accounts.

Users are no longer allowed to map to physical devices, (this is a security
change in XP), use LPT2: if there is not physical LPT2: port on the system.
If the software only recognizes LPT1: you will need to disable the LPT port
in the BIOS of the system.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313644&Product=winxp
Non-Administrators Cannot Remap an LPT Port to a Network Printer

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Linda R" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using the net use command to print a DOS application in
> XP. Had no problems in NT. Now, we can print from
> administrator account, but not from user. EVERYONE has
> access to the printer.
>
> Any suggestions?

Try this: