Sign in with
Your question

Abit SE6 Help

Last response: in Overclocking
January 11, 2001 1:20:40 PM

I have an Abit SE6 with an 800EB. When I change the CPU to a higher speed, at boot the BIOS says "CPU Unworkable". The FSB feature is greyed out and I can't get to it.

I want to adjust the FSB. Does anyone know how to access it?

More about : abit se6

January 11, 2001 3:23:41 PM

I would check your manual to see if there is settings for manual config of fsb (jumpers / dipswitches) or to enable bios fsb alteration.

SANDMAN
January 12, 2001 12:42:05 PM

There are 8 dip seitches and I tried all combinations that refer to clocking. Thanks anyway.
Carl
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 22, 2001 1:35:52 PM

I Have a BP6, and you need to see if you can disable Speed Error Hold. If you have the soft menu in the bios, it should be there. You can also set cpu speed to user define to change FSB speed. This is assuming that you have Soft Menu on this MB.
January 22, 2001 2:02:25 PM

The Speed error hold is disabled but also greyed out
Thanks
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 23, 2001 12:22:54 AM

Under CPU speed is it set to "Manual"?

Suicide is painless...........
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 23, 2001 12:54:08 PM

on abit's soft menu 2, you need to set cpu speed as user define, then you should be able to change your fsb, and same thing with voltage, user define. I run a BP6 w/ celeron 333@550 w/2.3 core voltage, and that is how I changed mine.
January 24, 2001 1:38:37 PM

By finding the Manual setting in the Soft Menu I was able to change the FSB all the way up to 153 Mhz. The system ran OK with the CPU temp going up to 45 Degrees C. The on-board Sound however will not work above a FSB setting of 137 Mhz. I am thinking of trying an old Sound Blaster 16 and disabling the on-board sound to see if I can go back to 153 Mhz FSB and still get sound.
Thanks everyone for the help.
!