Spoolsv.exe running amok

Tags:
  • Windows XP
April 8, 2004 3:35:11 PM

I have a brand new system running Windows XP. After about
two weeks I noticed that the performance on this system,
with a Pentium 4-2.8GHz processor and 512MB RAM, is
running slower than the ancient computer it replaced. I
ran the Task Manager and saw that the spoolsv.exe program
is taking 99% of system resources. In other words, the
system is maxed out trying to run this program. I have
tried setting the system back to a previous date before
this problem happened, with no change. I ran Windows XP
install to repair the OS, with no change.

My "support" people at Dell are telling me to re-install
the operating system. I'm not going to do this. Either
they can replace this system or do it themselves. Does
anybody know what might cause this problem?

More about : spoolsv exe running amok

Anonymous
April 8, 2004 8:29:32 PM

Uninstall your printer and see if the problem goes away. If it does, it's
usually an issue with the drivers...... look for updated drivers at the
printer manufacturer's website.

But ensure you uninstall completely.

Cari
www.coribright.com