USB 2.0 Root Hub

When running the install software for HP Officejet 7100, the program aborts. USB2.0 Root Hub is in the box and Windows says a problem was encountered and asks if it wants me to send the error message. HP told me to delete the USB controller & let windows re-install them. Did that, but the program still aborts.
3 answers Last reply
More about root

    Are you installing the drivers before connecting the printer?

    Is the USB 2.0 hub an actual hub (if so, powered or unpowered)... or a USB
    port on the motherboard?

    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "PegK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When running the install software for HP Officejet 7100, the program
    > aborts. USB2.0 Root Hub is in the box and Windows says a problem was
    > encountered and asks if it wants me to send the error message. HP told me
    > to delete the USB controller & let windows re-install them. Did that, but
    > the program still aborts.

    The hub is part of the motherboard - powered. I tried to install the software first. The software says it has to uninstall my old printer software, then freezes. The Windows error message that is reported only gives me: AppName hposcr01.exe AppVer 1.0.0.0 ModName hposcr01.exe Offset 00002d14.
    HP says I need to update my bios. I have a Dell Optiplex running Win XP Pro. The latest updates are installed.

    After an hour on the phone with HP support, I finally got the software to load. Then I plugged the cable into the USB port and windows did not recognize it. Software support says I need another install disk, that there are files missing from mine. Somehow I doubt that. It appears to me that the printer needs a specific driver for my USB port. Anyone else run into this?

Hewlett Packard USB Windows XP