WTX-8500 Case/Cooling Question

G

Hi,

I've got a question regarding cooling in my case, the Addtronics WTX-8500. You can view the specs here: http://www.addtronics.com/wtx8500.htm

Anyway, I want to know how hot is too hot. I've got one of those little digital temperature control things with the probes... One I have hanging inside the case, and the other I have on top of my hard drive (but not covering the little air hole). Based upon the readings, the internal temp ranges from 85° F to 105° F depending on the temperature in the room. The hard disk temp is usually around 100° F to 115° F. I have four fans (9 cm I believe) mounted in the front and three (7 or 8 cm) mounted in the rear. The front sucks air in and the rear blasts it out the back. Below are a few of my questions.

1. Is this too hot? The hard drive is SCSI, so it'll be a little hotter than IDE.

2. If it's too hot, any suggestions for decreasing the temperature? Based on the case design, I can add two more fans; one more in the back and one on the side near the drive bays.

3. Are there "special" fans that will yield greater cooling than the ones I currently have?

Again, I'm just trying to make sure that everything is going to work at 100% for a while. I haven't noticed any problems related to temperature, but I have read that sometimes performance and reliability is increased as temperature decreases.

Thanks for your help and taking the time to read my post!!
Andy

you didn't state what brand or type of fans you were using but yes different fans of the same size can move different amounts of air usually measured in cfm or cubic feet per minute. a cheap generic 60 mm. or 6cm fan can move 12 to 24 cfm but a good brand name can move 38 cfm or up to 3 times as much air. your case has a side fan placement especially for cooling your hard drive put one there. it is also kind of important as far as optimal cooling to have close to the same cfm of air moving in and out. i basically have 4 fans. 1 80mm 32cfm in front bottom blowing in 1 80mm 32cfm back behind cpu blowing out .power supply blowing out and a slot cooler blowing inunder video card to balance out power supply so im probbaly getting 45 to 50 cfm going through my case.on a normal day surfing web with room temperature of 74deg. F my motherboard temp is82 deg. F and cpu 89 deg. F .

i know this is a little long but i try to explain things in the most simple way so people just starting can understand sometimes it not how many fans but how to use them most effectively!!!!