NEED HELP

G

I am now writing this post in a friend's computer because yesterday I overclocked my CPU... Big mistake... I have have a PIII 450Mhz and in BIOS i changed the Bus speed to 112mhz and nothing happened, except of more 300 3DMarks and after that I though it would be nice to get some more so... I changed the Bus Speed to 133mhz. After a few trys I gave up because I could't even load Windows and now I changed it again to the normal values but everytime I turn on the computer when it gets to that part with "Verifying DMI..." it appears "Update Sucess" but after that it crashes and I can't do anything else, not even press F8. I have a PIII 450 in a QDI mobo with 64 ram pc100
Is my computer screwed?
I already removed the mobo battery, but it's the same.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I think you fried your PC-100 memory pushing it to 133 Mhz. Do you have a memory module that you can borrow and re-test your system? If that works go out and buy some good quality PC-133 memory. Should be about $75 for 128 MB. If your mobo is still good you might be able to overlock with the better memory.

TheSandman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Removing the battery doesnt always work the should be jumpers or souder points to short the cmos you need to unplug the powersupply. Also, you may have fried some parts.

SANDMAN