Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What are some good games to play on my x1950 pro pcie 512Mb?

Last response: in Video Games
March 21, 2012 6:56:11 AM

What are some good games to play on my x1950 pro pcie 512Mb, I have Dell GX620 with 2Gb RAM and 3.0GHz HT processor. Preferably Shooting and Racing games. I have also a PSU of 460 Watt. your kind suggestions in regards will be greatly appreciated.
Thanx in advance.
March 21, 2012 7:39:03 AM

halflife 2. fear combat evolved, in fact any dx9 game you choose up to crysis.

your gonna run in to problems with any game that requires an 88gt or above for minimum recommended gfx. so witcher 2 deus ex 3 bfbc2 will likely be unplayable at anything over minimum settings.
the 1950 pro can be compared to a 96gt for dx9 games but any game that had a dx10 requirement to play will not work. so games that are run on the frostbite 2 engine wont work at all unless you switch up to win 7 and even then your gonna struggle to get minimum frame-rates...
back in the day the 1950 pro was a beast but today it barely passes muster on new games. so if you can upgrade to a gtx 260 or better, if your pc's psu can handle it...

as you have a dual core its likely to be on a 775 socket. if so, you could look to upgrade the cpu also. a minimum of a 2.4ghz quad core, that, with say a gtx 460/hd 6850 will allow you to play any new game at better than minimum settings...
the out lay for such an upgrade?. between 270 and 350 pounds depending on whether you need a new psu or not.
with the amd gpu its unlikely you would need to upgrade the psu but anything over a gtx 260 from nvidia will likely require a new 1..
m
l
March 24, 2012 11:00:24 AM

HEXiT said:

your gonna run in to problems with any game that requires an 88gt or above for minimum recommended gfx. so witcher 2 deus ex 3 bfbc2 will likely be unplayable at anything over minimum settings.
the 1950 pro can be compared to a 96gt for dx9 games but any game that had a dx10 requirement to play will not work. so games that are run on the frostbite 2 engine wont work at all unless you switch up to win 7 and even then your gonna struggle to get minimum frame-rates...
back in the day the 1950 pro was a beast but today it barely passes muster on new games. so if you can upgrade to a gtx 260 or better, if your pc's psu can handle it...

as you have a dual core its likely to be on a 775 socket. if so, you could look to upgrade the cpu also. a minimum of a 2.4ghz quad core, that, with say a gtx 460/hd 6850 will allow you to play any new game at better than minimum settings...
the out lay for such an upgrade?. between 270 and 350 pounds depending on whether you need a new psu or not.
with the amd gpu its unlikely you would need to upgrade the psu but anything over a gtx 260 from nvidia will likely require a new 1..

Thanx for your Immediate help my frnd, but I am afraid that you got a little Off the road, I was only asking for some suggestions for some good games, but you spoke not of it, instead the hardware!!! And as matter of fact I am using windows 7, and I have recently Upgraded My PC, and have no budget left for anymore, See I am in PAKISTAN, a third world country, we don't get anything technological, until it's 10 years old, And we also have NO COPYRIGHT LAWS, so Kindly don't advise me to get new hardware, coz It is very hard to find around here. If you can, just tell me names of some good gamez to play on my PC, like Ive recently completed Modern Warfare with all at full. I'll very much appreciate that. And by the way, Thanx for your time...
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

March 24, 2012 3:58:11 PM

knight1122 said:
Thanx for your Immediate help my frnd, but I am afraid that you got a little Off the road, I was only asking for some suggestions for some good games, but you spoke not of it, instead the hardware!!!

HEXiT did mention a few games...

HEXiT said:

The problem is many current games requires at least dual now. Also you need to provide some information about the types of games you like to play. A game can be really, really good, but if it's not a type of game you want to play, then you may not like it.

Some good games that you should be able to play are as follows:

-Civilization 4
-Galactic Civilization 2
-Doom 3
-Quake 4
-King's Bounty: Armored Princess
-Mass Effect 1
-Mass Effect 2 & 3 should technically be playable on a single core CPU since they use the a modified game engine used in Mass Effect 1, but Bioware has officially listed a 1.8GHz dual core CPU as minimum requirements.
-BioShock 1 & 2
-Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2
-Fallout 3
-Fallout: New Vegas

March 24, 2012 4:00:31 PM

You will not be able to max out the graphic in most of those games, but most of them should be playable with a mix of low and medium settings.
m
l
March 24, 2012 4:56:38 PM

I would add counter strike to the list of games, source engine games run on anything nowadays
m
l
March 24, 2012 11:17:18 PM

jaguarskx said:
HEXiT did mention a few games...

The problem is many current games requires at least dual now. Also you need to provide some information about the types of games you like to play. A game can be really, really good, but if it's not a type of game you want to play, then you may not like it.

Some good games that you should be able to play are as follows:

-Civilization 4
-Galactic Civilization 2
-Doom 3
-Quake 4
-King's Bounty: Armored Princess
-Mass Effect 1
-Mass Effect 2 & 3 should technically be playable on a single core CPU since they use the a modified game engine used in Mass Effect 1, but Bioware has officially listed a 1.8GHz dual core CPU as minimum requirements.
-BioShock 1 & 2
-Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2
-Fallout 3
-Fallout: New Vegas

Ok then, Sorry to Mr. HEXiT, and Thankx V.v. Much for your help, time and concern my frnd, I'll try these and will let you know about my ratings on these. And by the way I like First person shooter and in some cases third person shooter games, like extreme blood and gore, Like "smash em, crack em, drag em & break em", now I think you got the whole Idea. Thanx again my frnd... let me know if anything comes up again, I'll be happy to hear from you...
m
l
April 4, 2012 8:47:48 AM

Best answer selected by knight1122.
m
l
!