Welcome to Zek

http://eqlive.station.sony.com/community/dev_view.jsp?id=64016

Welcome to Zek

On February 8th a new server will show up on your server selection list. Zek will host
the combined characters of the four current PVP servers (Rallos, Tallon, Vallon and
Sullon) and will use the Rallos Zek ruleset. It is our opinion that merging the four
current PVP servers will revitalize the PVP environment, adding new challenges and players
for you to test your skills against.

Character Purge

Immediately preceding the merger, all characters that are below level 10 and have not been
accessed in the past six months or more will be purged from all four PVP servers. If you
have a character on Rallos Zek, Tallon Zek, Vallon Zek or Sullon Zek that is below level
10 and has not been logged in for six months or more, you will need to log them in prior
to the February 8th downtime. Any character that is below level 10 and has not been
logged in for 6 or more months will be deleted and will not be available after the server
merge.

Shared Banks

If you have characters on more than one of the PVP servers, you will need to clean out the
shared bank on all but one of the existing PVP servers. Only one shared bank, from one of
the four servers, will be available after the merger.

Characters

If you have more than 8 characters combined between all of the current PVP servers, after
the merger, only the first 8 (sorted alphabetically) characters will be displayed. Other
characters beyond those 8 will not be available for selection until characters are
deleted. The characters will be on your account provided they were not below level 10 and
had been played within the last 6 months.

Corpses

Prior to the downtime on the 8th of February, please make certain that you clear any
character corpses from the world. Character corpses will not be transferred to the new
merged server. All corpses will be purged once the merger is complete.

Character Names

It is likely that characters will have duplicate names on these servers, in the event that
characters do share a name, the character with the most played time will be entitled to
keep the name, all other characters will have the letter X appended to their name and will
be entitled to a name change. You can request your name change using the /petition
system.

Complimentary Character Move

Beginning shortly after the merge is complete, a one time move will be offered to all
accounts on the new PVP server. Each account will be allowed to move the entirety of
their account to the non-PVP server of their choice, with gear. This offer will only last
for 30 days and includes all characters on an account.

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 11:35:51 -0600, Seeq Endestroi <seeq@nospam.co.uk> wrote:

>http://eqlive.station.sony.com/community/dev_view.jsp?id=64016
>
>Welcome to Zek
>
>On February 8th a new server will show up on your server selection list. Zek will host
>the combined characters of the four current PVP servers (Rallos, Tallon, Vallon and
>Sullon) and will use the Rallos Zek ruleset.

.....and there were a couple of folks in serverwide.paladins saying that there were more
than 500 player-characters in Knowledge yesterday evening. There were long queues forming
for Clarity and Protection buffs, and the quantity of chatter in /ooc was beyond belief.

All in all, sounds like a bit of fun :->

Best regards,

Tim ==
(substitute 'tcsys.com' for 'nospam.co.uk')

Seeq Endestroi
Paladin of Mithanial Marr, The Rathe
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=507035

Grave Wisdom / Grave Intentions - a Rathe Guild
http://www.gravewisdom.com