VX6100 - Fully Charged but Verizon screen only at Power-Up

I've been using a 6100 for about two months without any problems, but now
when I try to Power-on, all I get is the initial Verizon screen and nothing
more. After about 5 minutes, it turns itself off. Is this a battery issue,
or does the phone need to be reset somehow? The battery should be fully
charged, but I can't verify since I can't get to the main screen.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance,

Keith

In news:CNOdncuSbIIfUmbcRVn-sg@comcast.com,
Jafo <jafo@jafonet.com> typed:
> I've been using a 6100 for about two months without any problems, but
> now when I try to Power-on, all I get is the initial Verizon screen
> and nothing more. After about 5 minutes, it turns itself off. Is
> this a battery issue, or does the phone need to be reset somehow? The
> battery should be fully charged, but I can't verify since I can't
> get to the main screen.
> Suggestions? Thanks in advance,
>
> Keith

Try removing the battery from the phone, then put it back in.

Tried that initially, first for a few minutes and then for a half-hour (just
in case) but no dice.

Anyone know of a hard reset button sequence whan powering up?

Thanks,

Keith
"IMHO IIRC" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> In news:CNOdncuSbIIfUmbcRVn-sg@comcast.com,
> Jafo <jafo@jafonet.com> typed:
>> I've been using a 6100 for about two months without any problems, but
>> now when I try to Power-on, all I get is the initial Verizon screen
>> and nothing more. After about 5 minutes, it turns itself off. Is
>> this a battery issue, or does the phone need to be reset somehow? The
>> battery should be fully charged, but I can't verify since I can't
>> get to the main screen.
>> Suggestions? Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Keith
>
> Try removing the battery from the phone, then put it back in.

Anyone? Swapped with another battery and got the same result, so it's
definitely the phone. Anything else I could try before taking it to the
Verizon store?

Thanks,

Keith

"Jafo" <jafo@jafonet.com> wrote in message
> Tried that initially, first for a few minutes and then for a half-hour
> (just in case) but no dice.
>
> Anyone know of a hard reset button sequence whan powering up?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith
> "IMHO IIRC" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> In news:CNOdncuSbIIfUmbcRVn-sg@comcast.com,
>> Jafo <jafo@jafonet.com> typed:
>>> I've been using a 6100 for about two months without any problems, but
>>> now when I try to Power-on, all I get is the initial Verizon screen
>>> and nothing more. After about 5 minutes, it turns itself off. Is
>>> this a battery issue, or does the phone need to be reset somehow? The
>>> battery should be fully charged, but I can't verify since I can't
>>> get to the main screen.
>>> Suggestions? Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Keith
>>
>> Try removing the battery from the phone, then put it back in.

I am anxious to know if you have found a solution to your power up
problem. I experienced the same problem, but swapped the phone for a
new one at the Verizon store. I've had the second phone for about 4
days and now I have the same problem.

Swapping Batteries doesn't help
Pressing the # key with our without a battery does not work!

I believe the problem is software related.

--
mugsnc

I'm afraid I didn't solve the problem either. The Verizon store replaced it
for free today, but I haven't used it enough to see if the same thing
happens. Out of curiosity, did you leave you phone connected to the data
cable for an extended period of time, i.e. overnight? That's the only thing
out of he ordinary that I did before it crashed. Other than draining hte
battery, I wouldn't think it would cause the phone to fail.

"mugsnc" <mugsnc.1jpi8z@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote in message

> I am anxious to know if you have found a solution to your power up
> problem. I experienced the same problem, but swapped the phone for a
> new one at the Verizon store. I've had the second phone for about 4
> days and now I have the same problem.
>
> Swapping Batteries doesn't help
> Pressing the # key with our without a battery does not work!
>

> I believe the problem is software related.
>

> --
> mugsnc
> brought to you by http://www.wifi-forum.com/

I'm on my third phone, but reluctant to connect with the Data Point
DP200-134 software. I bit the bullet and keyed in my phone book. My
third phone has been running well for a few weeks, and haven't pursued
the data connection further. LG states that they know of the Susteen
software, but have not yet approved it with their LG Sync Logo.

PS
The VX6100 has a contact group function. Do you know How I map the
outlook fields to include the grouping?

Thanks

--
mugsnc