[SOLVED] Is there any possible way to connect to afp server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Are you trying to connect to a modern OS X net or an older network?

The answer to your original question is YES, you can conenct Windows and AFP networks. This is usually done through setting up SMB and the proper permissions. Here is an example solution provided via an Apple forum for a specific problem regarding mixed netowrks and MS Office file permissions:

"Solution: In Server Admin, selected SMB from services list at left; clicked STOP SMB button at bottom of window; selected ADVANCED tab and then ENABLED WINS Server which had been OFF; then clicked START SMB button.

on the pc: start menu, computer (to display drives, printers etc.; clicked MAP NETWORK DRIVE at top; don't use the BROWSE button but enter the path this way --...

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Are you trying to connect to a modern OS X net or an older network?

The answer to your original question is YES, you can conenct Windows and AFP networks. This is usually done through setting up SMB and the proper permissions. Here is an example solution provided via an Apple forum for a specific problem regarding mixed netowrks and MS Office file permissions:

"Solution: In Server Admin, selected SMB from services list at left; clicked STOP SMB button at bottom of window; selected ADVANCED tab and then ENABLED WINS Server which had been OFF; then clicked START SMB button.

on the pc: start menu, computer (to display drives, printers etc.; clicked MAP NETWORK DRIVE at top; don't use the BROWSE button but enter the path this way -- \\192.168.1.2\Sat Server followed be FINISH. this is 2 backslashes, server IP address on LAN, 1 backslash, name of Sharepoint EXACTLY as named on the Mini, caps, lowercase, spaces and all. This brought me to the login window for username and password and I was IN!!!"

The real question for you is this. What are you trying to do, specifically?

Solution

I have a system setup at my school for video editing purposes, because in my opinion mac mini's with core 2 duo's are too slow for 1080p HD video. We share files/movies via the server, so thats why I'm trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.