EQ2: a way to find online members of another guild?

In EQ1, I could find members of another guild online with a /who
all filter. Like if I wanted to see how many members of the guild
Foo Fighters were currently logged on, I would do:

/who all foo

and it would tell me.

In EQ2 that doesn't work with the /who command. Anyone know of
another way to do it?

===
Haabbes, 27 paladin, Najena server, Foundation guild

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 22:14:07 GMT, Paul Botts
<pauldotbotts@gmailspamthis.dotcom> wrote:

>In EQ1, I could find members of another guild online with a /who
>all filter. Like if I wanted to see how many members of the guild
>Foo Fighters were currently logged on, I would do:
>
>/who all foo
>
>and it would tell me.

Actually, the accurate way to do that in EQ1 is / "guild name" all.

Try that and see if you get matches.

"Paul Botts" <pauldotbotts@gmailspamthis.dotcom> wrote in message

> In EQ1, I could find members of another guild online with a /who all
> filter. Like if I wanted to see how many members of the guild Foo Fighters
> were currently logged on, I would do:
>
> /who all foo
>
> and it would tell me.
>
> In EQ2 that doesn't work with the /who command. Anyone know of another way
> to do it?

Guild search function seems to be nonexistent in EQ2. The /who command
totally ignores guilds. I'd KINDA like to join a guild soon, but I have no
idea how to research what is a good or bad guild when I can't do a /who on a
really nice person I saw in ooc, or a jerk in ooc to find out their guild
affiliation (if any). The command /guildstatus doesn't exist either.

Oh, here's a thread in eq2's forum when I did a search for "/who guild"
http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=Newbie&message.id=60013&highlight=%2Fwho+guild#M60013

--
EQ: Binnen 65+ enc - Zeb
EQ2: Cyro 20+ shaman - Kith

Freddie Agricola <derfy@uab.edu> wrote in

> On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 22:14:07 GMT, Paul Botts
> <pauldotbotts@gmailspamthis.dotcom> wrote:
>

>>In EQ1, I could find members of another guild online with a /who
>>all filter. Like if I wanted to see how many members of the guild
>>Foo Fighters were currently logged on, I would do:
>>
>>/who all foo
>>
>>and it would tell me.
>
> Actually, the accurate way to do that in EQ1 is / "guild name" all.
>
> Try that and see if you get matches.

EQ1 is quite forgiving in the syntax. /who all "guild name" works, it
also works without the quotes for the first word of the guild name, and
the syntax you used works as well.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 23 Dwarven Mystic, 21 Sage
Aviv, 12 Gnome Brawler, 14 Craftsman

"Dan Harmon" <deharmon@bigfoot.com> wrote in

> "Paul Botts" <pauldotbotts@gmailspamthis.dotcom> wrote in message
>>
>> In EQ1, I could find members of another guild online with a /who all
>> filter. Like if I wanted to see how many members of the guild Foo
>> Fighters were currently logged on, I would do:
>>
>> /who all foo
>>
>> and it would tell me.
>>
>> In EQ2 that doesn't work with the /who command. Anyone know of
>> another way to do it?
>

> Guild search function seems to be nonexistent in EQ2. The /who
> command totally ignores guilds. I'd KINDA like to join a guild soon,
> but I have no idea how to research what is a good or bad guild when I
> can't do a /who on a really nice person I saw in ooc, or a jerk in ooc
> to find out their guild affiliation (if any). The command
> /guildstatus doesn't exist either.
>
> Oh, here's a thread in eq2's forum when I did a search for "/who
> guild"
> http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=Newbie&me
> ssage.id=60013&highlight=%2Fwho+guild#M60013

You can however look a player up on the website, and it will tell you
what guild he is in. You can also look up guilds there.

--

"Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
> "Dan Harmon" <deharmon@bigfoot.com> wrote in
>

>> "Paul Botts" <pauldotbotts@gmailspamthis.dotcom> wrote in message
>>>
>>> In EQ1, I could find members of another guild online with a /who all
>>> filter. Like if I wanted to see how many members of the guild Foo
>>> Fighters were currently logged on, I would do:
>>>
>>> /who all foo
>>>
>>> and it would tell me.
>>>
>>> In EQ2 that doesn't work with the /who command. Anyone know of
>>> another way to do it?
>>

>> Guild search function seems to be nonexistent in EQ2. The /who
>> command totally ignores guilds. I'd KINDA like to join a guild soon,
>> but I have no idea how to research what is a good or bad guild when I
>> can't do a /who on a really nice person I saw in ooc, or a jerk in ooc
>> to find out their guild affiliation (if any). The command
>> /guildstatus doesn't exist either.
>>
>> Oh, here's a thread in eq2's forum when I did a search for "/who
>> guild"
>> http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=Newbie&me
>> ssage.id=60013&highlight=%2Fwho+guild#M60013
>>

> You can however look a player up on the website, and it will tell you
> what guild he is in. You can also look up guilds there.

Where? www.eq2players.com? It's currently down so I can't check for myself.
I went SOMEWHERE a month ago to try to do a search on guilds on my server
but the search function was so horrible and discouraging that, well...like I
said, haven't been there for a month.

> "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> "Dan Harmon" <deharmon@bigfoot.com> wrote in
>>

>>> "Paul Botts" <pauldotbotts@gmailspamthis.dotcom> wrote in message

>>> Guild search function seems to be nonexistent in EQ2. The /who
>>> command totally ignores guilds. I'd KINDA like to join a guild
>>> soon, but I have no idea how to research what is a good or bad guild
>>> when I can't do a /who on a really nice person I saw in ooc, or a
>>> jerk in ooc to find out their guild affiliation (if any). The
>>> command /guildstatus doesn't exist either.
>>>
>>> Oh, here's a thread in eq2's forum when I did a search for "/who
>>> guild"
>>> http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=Newbie&
>>> me ssage.id=60013&highlight=%2Fwho+guild#M60013
>>>

>> You can however look a player up on the website, and it will tell you
>> what guild he is in. You can also look up guilds there.
>
> Where? www.eq2players.com? It's currently down so I can't check for
> myself. I went SOMEWHERE a month ago to try to do a search on guilds
> on my server but the search function was so horrible and discouraging
> that, well...like I said, haven't been there for a month.

I've only looked up a couple of specific players in the past, but
somewhere around there, yes. As to how good the search funcion is, don't
know, have not really used it.

--

> Freddie Agricola <derfy@uab.edu> wrote in
>
> > On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 22:14:07 GMT, Paul Botts
> > <pauldotbotts@gmailspamthis.dotcom> wrote:
> >

> >>In EQ1, I could find members of another guild online with a /who
> >>all filter. Like if I wanted to see how many members of the guild
> >>Foo Fighters were currently logged on, I would do:
> >>
> >>/who all foo
> >>
> >>and it would tell me.
> >
> > Actually, the accurate way to do that in EQ1 is / "guild name" all.
> >
> > Try that and see if you get matches.
> >

> EQ1 is quite forgiving in the syntax. /who all "guild name" works, it
> also works without the quotes for the first word of the guild name, and
> the syntax you used works as well.

I'd note though that some guilds EQ just has problems with. You may have to
do funny stuff like adding in a space after the quotes but before the first
word of the name.

--
Davian - Wood Elf Warrior on Guk
Talynne - Half Elf Rogue on Guk

Davian - Night Elf Rogue on Bloodhoof

Graeme Faelban wrote:
> "Dan Harmon" <deharmon@bigfoot.com> wrote in
>
> > Where? www.eq2players.com? It's currently down so I can't check
for
> > myself. I went SOMEWHERE a month ago to try to do a search on
guilds
> > on my server but the search function was so horrible and
discouraging
> > that, well...like I said, haven't been there for a month.
> >

> I've only looked up a couple of specific players in the past, but
> somewhere around there, yes. As to how good the search funcion is,
don't
> know, have not really used it.

There is a guild search and it doesn't look too bad to me if you're
looking up a particular guild. It's no good for browsing for guilds
though, as you need to type in at least two characters from the name.

steve.kaye

"steve.kaye" <nospam@giddy-kippers.co.uk> wrote in message

> Graeme Faelban wrote:
>> "Dan Harmon" <deharmon@bigfoot.com> wrote in
>>
>> > Where? www.eq2players.com? It's currently down so I can't check
> for
>> > myself. I went SOMEWHERE a month ago to try to do a search on
> guilds
>> > on my server but the search function was so horrible and
> discouraging
>> > that, well...like I said, haven't been there for a month.
>> >

>> I've only looked up a couple of specific players in the past, but
>> somewhere around there, yes. As to how good the search funcion is,
> don't
>> know, have not really used it.
>>
> There is a guild search and it doesn't look too bad to me if you're
> looking up a particular guild. It's no good for browsing for guilds
> though, as you need to type in at least two characters from the name.

That name requirement is what makes the search tool useless to me. The only
guild names that are displayed anywhere are the biggest guilds and I doubt
any of them are what I'm looking for.

"Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in

> "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> Freddie Agricola <derfy@uab.edu> wrote in

>> > Actually, the accurate way to do that in EQ1 is / "guild name" all.
>> >
>> > Try that and see if you get matches.
>> >

>> EQ1 is quite forgiving in the syntax. /who all "guild name" works,
>> it also works without the quotes for the first word of the guild
>> name, and the syntax you used works as well.
>
> I'd note though that some guilds EQ just has problems with. You may
> have to do funny stuff like adding in a space after the quotes but
> before the first word of the name.

Yep, anytime you need a space in the name, you must use the quotes too.
Previous guild I was in was " The Appointed", so you had to use quotes to
get the leading space in the name.

--

> "steve.kaye" <nospam@giddy-kippers.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> Graeme Faelban wrote:
>>> "Dan Harmon" <deharmon@bigfoot.com> wrote in

>>> I've only looked up a couple of specific players in the past, but
>>> somewhere around there, yes. As to how good the search funcion is,
>>> don't know, have not really used it.
>>>
>> There is a guild search and it doesn't look too bad to me if you're
>> looking up a particular guild. It's no good for browsing for guilds
>> though, as you need to type in at least two characters from the name.
>
> That name requirement is what makes the search tool useless to me.
> The only guild names that are displayed anywhere are the biggest
> guilds and I doubt any of them are what I'm looking for.

I am in a guild of maybe 10 people total, our guild tag shows. It's
really not hard to get to level 5 for the guild tag to show.