What overclocking method raises temp. the most?

bsprawka

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hey,
I have a Asus A7V,
Duron 650@900,
1.85 volts,
and a chrome orb (I sleep right next to my computer and enjoy my peace (i say that in the question right below this one) so don't tell me to get a FOP, I don't want one)

Now my question:
From my experience changing the voltage causes the most temperature increases but aside from that which operation, changing the FSP or changing the multiplier, will cause the most heat increase per MHz increase.

G

Voltage

Mike

<A HREF="http://mikewarrior.freeservers.com" target="_new">Socket A MB Temp problems</A>

G

I'm not sure but I would think that as far as the processor goes overclocking the FSB and multiplier would have about the same heat effect. Keep in mind though that when you overclock the FSB you overclock everything that uses it in determining speed (CPU, RAM, PCI bus, AGP bus...) so it would heat up those components as well.

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
switching up the voltage will have the most effect on the heat of your processor, sometimes drastic

If at first you don't succede, skydiving isn't for you.
<font color=blue>Intel Inside</font color=blue> = Idiot Outside

bsprawka

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
thank you ccie. You other guys only told me what already I stated in my question, changing the voltage causes the most temperature increases. But, thanks for your time anyways.