HP might mean "Hide Persons" for camera phones

Last response: in Network Providers
a b α HP
January 29, 2005 4:14:17 PM

Hewlett Packard patenting technology to automatically block digital
cameras like those in cell phones from taking a person's picture:
http://glikglik.blogspot.com/2005/01/hp-hide-people.htm...
Anonymous
a b α HP
January 29, 2005 4:34:47 PM

sawlake-gg@yahoo.com said the following on 1/29/2005 1:14 PM:
> Hewlett Packard patenting technology to automatically block digital
> cameras like those in cell phones from taking a person's picture:
> http://glikglik.blogspot.com/2005/01/hp-hide-people.htm...

What a crock. Think about it for awhile.

--

Kirk

"Screw the planes, take a train", Me
January 29, 2005 8:43:44 PM

"'Captain' Kirk DeHaan" <captkirkREMOVE@MEsandpoint.net> wrote in message

> What a crock. Think about it for awhile.

I just read the patent and as I thought it says this:

"21. An image capture device arranged to be responsive to an inhibit signal
adapted to be transmitted from an object....."

So it is saying that *EVERY* camera would need to have hps *incredible*
technology for the idea to work.

> --
>
> Kirk
>
> "Screw the planes, take a train", Me
Anonymous
a b α HP
January 29, 2005 9:13:18 PM

On 29 Jan 2005 13:14:17 -0800, sawlake-gg@yahoo.com wrote:

>Hewlett Packard patenting technology to automatically block digital
>cameras like those in cell phones from taking a person's picture:
>http://glikglik.blogspot.com/2005/01/hp-hide-people.htm...

There's a lesson to be learned here.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
!