Sign in with
Your question

Batman Arkham City startup problem

Last response: in Video Games
March 23, 2012 5:18:43 AM

I have installed this game and played it once. verygood impressions, but here's the problem.

After installing the game would not start. I went to the settings and minimized everything: no physx, lowest possible settings, now antialiasing, or vsync, etc.

The game started only afetr windows xp sp3 restart. The visuals were so good I actually doubted the settings had taken effect.

Having played for a longer while I saved the game and exited.

Tried higher settings, but the game's process appeared for a while and disappeared with no error msg.

Now it makes no difference if the settings are lowest, or if i try to start the game right after windows loads up.

please help.

My comp is q6600
3 gb ram
hd5670

Has been playing well crysis 2, nfs hp2, shogun 2, etc
March 23, 2012 10:50:01 PM

strangely, it is the game's conflict with virtual cds. when i start it early on windows boot, the game works.
Anonymous
July 4, 2012 3:18:24 PM

i dubble click it loads cd then just stops doing it same thing when i do right click run as admin ( went out of game 2 change some hotkeys but i can't even get the main start up screen whare you can select play / settings and stuff )
Related resources
July 4, 2012 3:46:28 PM

It's probably the Securom DRM, it doesn't like virtual DVD drives because it believes those are used solely for piracy. Disable any virtual CD/DVD/BluRay drives before trying to run the game.
Anonymous
July 4, 2012 5:49:28 PM

Supernova1138 said:
It's probably the Securom DRM, it doesn't like virtual DVD drives because it believes those are used solely for piracy. Disable any virtual CD/DVD/BluRay drives before trying to run the game.

i bought the game in store so its an actual cd not a virtual im sry if i understood it wrong ² dont got any virtual dvd cd blue ray on my pc ... not that i know of = i never instaled it ² im the only one using it thy 4 you're time and advise:) 
July 4, 2012 5:57:53 PM

Have you installed DaemonTools or any other software to read disk images? If so, it would automatically install a virtual DVD drive. SecuROM doesn't like that. You may have to disable any of those programs, and check your device manager for any virtual DVD drives. If you have one, disable or uninstall it, and that should help. If not, you may have to search around for a way to circumvent SecuROM, which I can't discuss here.
Anonymous
July 5, 2012 1:41:00 PM

Supernova1138 said:
Have you installed DaemonTools or any other software to read disk images? If so, it would automatically install a virtual DVD drive. SecuROM doesn't like that. You may have to disable any of those programs, and check your device manager for any virtual DVD drives. If you have one, disable or uninstall it, and that should help. If not, you may have to search around for a way to circumvent SecuROM, which I can't discuss here.

oke , thanks for you're time and help man :)  still din't work tough im just gonna try reinstaling idk if it wil work but still :) 
!