Are the new promotional AC N/W unlimited minutes for "life"?

My wife is thinking of switching from her current plan with 3500
night/weekend minutes to the new AC plan with "unlimited" nights and
weekends. She likes the IN feature as our kids are also on VZW.

Question: she has been off her contract for over a year now, but her 3500
N/W minutes are "for life", and are still in effect.

Is this the same for the new AC plans, or do these "unlimited" minutes go
away after the contract runs out?

Sensor Man wrote:
> My wife is thinking of switching from her current plan with 3500
> night/weekend minutes to the new AC plan with "unlimited" nights and
> weekends. She likes the IN feature as our kids are also on VZW.
>
> Question: she has been off her contract for over a year now, but her
3500
> N/W minutes are "for life", and are still in effect.
>
> Is this the same for the new AC plans, or do these "unlimited"
minutes go
> away after the contract runs out?

verizon's policy has been when the contract run out, the plan stays the
same as long as the service/bill is kept

of course policy can change..

but i think she will be safe to go to the unlimited plan

after all they could change the policy tommorrow and she would loose
what she has, they haven't changed that part in years , I think it
unlikely they will change it soon.

The Wiz wrote:
> Sensor Man wrote:
>> My wife is thinking of switching from her current plan
>> with 3500 night/weekend minutes to the new AC plan with
>> "unlimited" nights and weekends. She likes the IN
>> feature as our kids are also on VZW.
>>
>> Question: she has been off her contract for over a year
>> now, but her 3500 N/W minutes are "for life", and are
>> still in effect.
>>
>> Is this the same for the new AC plans, or do these
>> "unlimited" minutes go away after the contract runs out?
>
> verizon's policy has been when the contract run out, the
> plan stays the same as long as the service/bill is kept
>
> of course policy can change..
>
> but i think she will be safe to go to the unlimited plan
>
> after all they could change the policy tommorrow and she
> would loose what she has, they haven't changed that part
> in years , I think it unlikely they will change it soon.

VZW's promotions are either dated or not. For example the
500 txt msgs for $2.99 that expired 12/31 last year. Some
things like bonus minutes or free N&W can be dated. On
you bill there will be a section for Promotional Details. Under
that there will be Expired and Current. The promotions are
listed and are followed by a time period or not. For example
mine says:

" Beginning on 01/03/05: 100 Bonus minute promotion 2y"

Note that I did not extend my contract by 2 years when
switching to the plan. My current contract end date is 1/3/06.

If there is no time period then the promo does not expire and
you will keep it as long as you stay on that plan. Naturally
things like the txt msg promo do expire and VZW does
cut them off. So far things like the bonus minutes, N&W,
etc. have never(?) been cut off. It's unlikely that plans and
rates won't catch up with any given promotion over a year's
time and most certainly two. ~1.5 years ago I moved to the
1200 AC with 300 bonus minutes for $99. 3 to 6 months
later that was converted to the 1500 AC plan for $99. My
current plan is the 2000 AC with 100 bonus minutes for $99.

-Quick

In news:1107193576.240058@sj-nntpcache-5,
Quick <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> typed:
> The Wiz wrote:
>> Sensor Man wrote:
>>> My wife is thinking of switching from her current plan
>>> with 3500 night/weekend minutes to the new AC plan with
>>> "unlimited" nights and weekends. She likes the IN
>>> feature as our kids are also on VZW.
>>>
>>> Question: she has been off her contract for over a year
>>> now, but her 3500 N/W minutes are "for life", and are
>>> still in effect.
>>>
>>> Is this the same for the new AC plans, or do these
>>> "unlimited" minutes go away after the contract runs out?
>>
>> verizon's policy has been when the contract run out, the
>> plan stays the same as long as the service/bill is kept
>>
>> of course policy can change..
>>
>> but i think she will be safe to go to the unlimited plan
>>
>> after all they could change the policy tommorrow and she
>> would loose what she has, they haven't changed that part
>> in years , I think it unlikely they will change it soon.
>
> VZW's promotions are either dated or not. For example the
> 500 txt msgs for $2.99 that expired 12/31 last year. Some
> things like bonus minutes or free N&W can be dated. On
> you bill there will be a section for Promotional Details. Under
> that there will be Expired and Current. The promotions are
> listed and are followed by a time period or not. For example
> mine says:
>
> " Beginning on 01/03/05: 100 Bonus minute promotion 2y"
>
> Note that I did not extend my contract by 2 years when
> switching to the plan. My current contract end date is 1/3/06.
>
> If there is no time period then the promo does not expire and
> you will keep it as long as you stay on that plan. Naturally
> things like the txt msg promo do expire and VZW does
> cut them off. So far things like the bonus minutes, N&W,
> etc. have never(?) been cut off. It's unlikely that plans and
> rates won't catch up with any given promotion over a year's
> time and most certainly two. ~1.5 years ago I moved to the
> 1200 AC with 300 bonus minutes for $99. 3 to 6 months
> later that was converted to the 1500 AC plan for $99. My
> current plan is the 2000 AC with 100 bonus minutes for $99.
>
> -Quick

Last year when my contract was due to run out, I called VZW CS to see if my
promotions would expire when the contract ended. (I signed a one year
contract when they were ending promotions at the end of your contract). The
first 4 times I was told yes. The next time I called the CS said "yes but
wait a minute", then said "no they won't". And they didn't. Found a CS who
fixed it for me without a new contract.