How demanding will games become?

victorv

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
So, just a random thread that I am curious about. How much more demanding will games be getting in the upcoming years? BF 3's detail is already fantastic and to be honest, graphics these days are getting pretty close to real life. So my question is, if any that anybody knows, what games are coming out in the next year or so that will be even more demanding than games like BF3, Skyrim, Crysis, etc.? I am not a huge PC gamer but I did just purchase a nice gaming desktop and I'd hate to have to replace my video card and everything anytime soon.

until new generation of consoles come out games won't get any more demanding unless they are developed for PC (like BF3 was)

I agree with your sentiment, I thought gears of war had fantastic graphics, but there's still ways to go. If you look around there's a few threads here that talk about most demanding graphics and such and give examples of those games. So, if you're curios take a peek

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Well, I actually thought BF3's detail was pretty bad - - - that was one aspect of the game I was really disappointed with (poor attention to detail).

I think the most demanding thing we're going to see this year is ArmA III, which is being developed exclusively for PC.

Graphic quality still has plenty of room for improvement........I want to see hair like this real-time! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cECnvJeXXE8