Overclocking

G

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom (tomshardware.com) said that there would be no problem, o/c and 800 MHz t-bird to 1000 Mhz in an asus k7v mobo. I´ve unlocked the multiplier. But can´t do 9* or 9.5*
only 8* or 8.5* or 10* and 10.5* how comes this ?
I´ve raised the voltage from 1.65 to 1.85. I get 1 Ghz but only until my pc comes to masterbootsector then I only get a black screen somtimes (missing file ???). Wenn I go down to 8 or 8.5 * 100 or 108 the pc has no problem posting. It seems like it needs more volt is this true ? Why ? For cooling I´m using Global Win Fop32 because swiftech doesn´t export to denmark. Can you help me ?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Einstein on 01/18/01 06:24 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

TheSandman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Do not forget that not all CPU's are equal you will have good chances for the 800 to 1ghz but not a definate but, it does sound like you have not connected the L1 bridges correctly. what kind of temps are you getting at 1ghz

SANDMAN

G

I believe it was around 47 or something below. Sorry I´m not sure but it was below of that I´m sure.
@@Einstein@@