fax services locking up system

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

During a boot the system would lock up when it loads
fxssvc.exe. I set fax services to manual start and the
system will boot up. When I turn on the fax services the
system locks up again. I have tried removing fax and
reinstalling without positive results.

Sounds like a driver conflict.
Is your analog fax modem on the Windows XP HCL list?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> During a boot the system would lock up when it loads
> fxssvc.exe. I set fax services to manual start and the
> system will boot up. When I turn on the fax services the
> system locks up again. I have tried removing fax and
> reinstalling without positive results.

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

The fax worked last week and I made no changes to the system and now it fails to work. I will check the Windows XP HCL list.

You're the only one who could have a clue what changed on your system, then.