Remote faxing using modem attached to second computer

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

I am trying to set up a small office at home. So far I
have managed to set up a wireless network between my
laptop and my desktop. The phone outlet is located near
the desktop which is in another room at the other end of
the house. I would like to be able to generate a fax
from my laptop and send it using the desktops phone
connection. I don't really want to run a phone extension
cable. I have been able to print successfully from one
to the other, and I have a printer driver which I want to
use for faxing set up on the desktop.

My wireless connection is via a Wlan cardbus.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance from Australia

Windows XP Fax does not support sharing.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to set up a small office at home. So far I
> have managed to set up a wireless network between my
> laptop and my desktop. The phone outlet is located near
> the desktop which is in another room at the other end of
> the house. I would like to be able to generate a fax
> from my laptop and send it using the desktops phone
> connection. I don't really want to run a phone extension
> cable. I have been able to print successfully from one
> to the other, and I have a printer driver which I want to
> use for faxing set up on the desktop.
>
> My wireless connection is via a Wlan cardbus.
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance from Australia

You could always use remote desktop connection to log on to the pc with the
phone connection. Select the option in remote desktop to take your local
disk drives with you to access whatever documents you want to fax while
logged on remotely.

Paul