Skyrim shadowing issue

jetmouse

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
This problem (I believe) has existed since I first installed Skyrim from disk. The areas which should be transparent on trees and grass are casting shadows, leaving the shadows of grass and trees as a large square-like shadow. I have re-installed the game to find no hope, likewise for trying out other textures people have made for it, but still nothing changes...only my anger haha. Below is a screenshot of the shadow a tree is making, as you can see it is just blocks.

ScreenShot2.jpg

I believe it's related to the fact the transparency in the textures is visible at distance, or when against clouds/water and thus leaving an obvious see-through area looking terribly unsightly.
Here's what the transparency does to water:

ScreenShot4-1.jpg

I am using an ATI X1950 Pro (512Mb) and 3Gb of RAM. I have tried every last configuration of AA and FXAA and AF to see if anything differs, but I don't win. I was hoping somebody could think of what might be causing this recurring issue. Thanks so much for your time!

jetmouse

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Is that simply all the matter is? Haha.
I seem to run it pretty fine on medium, but I do have doubts on my poor ol' workhorse now...

jetmouse

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Could anybody recommend a decent card for under £100? I'm not wanting extreme gaming or anything, just something that'll keep the casual gamer going. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS