Backwards Fn Key on Armada M700

Hello All,

I have a compaq Armada M700 with XP Pro installed on it and a separate
partition with Gentoo Linux installed on it. Now all was working fine
until I had to install windows Messaging to remotly assist a friend of
mine, after that my function key seems to be backwards, if I hit any of
the letters where the Fn = 0, 3, 6 and so on, I get the Fn output however
if I hold the Fn, I get the letters. I've tried uninstalling Windows
Messaging, Uninstalled and reinstalled the XP kerybrd driver, installed a
compaq keyboard driver, and still this backwards fenomina. Very annoying,
now i know the key is not stuck because booting in linux does not have the
same issue because the keyboard output is fine there.... Anyone have any
idea's?? I don't even use the Fn key usually so disabling it all together
would be perfect for me as well. Thanks in advance.