Connecting to EVDO without using the VZAccess Mgr under Wi..

Status
Not open for further replies.

is there a way I can us DUN to connect to the internet with
the Verizon 5220 card? I just want to use plain ole PPP that comes with
windows without having to use that program and risk screing up my
alread "super stable" system.
What do I input for the username and password?

Thanks

Paul

Splendid

Yes:
- dial #777 as the number
- username is 1112223333@vzw3g.com
- password is vzw

I just tested this with Windows XP DUN on my PC5220 card in Las Vegas EVDO
territory and got approx 470k down / 80k up doing speed tests from a couple
different sites, so I am seeing EVDO speeds with the DUN connection. I'm
sort of surprised at this since the windows DUN settings tell me the baud
rate for the port is 115200. It could be that the AirPrime 5220 driver
automagically ignores the baud rate limitation.

For username I used to use the card's actual "phone number" but for the heck
of it this time I just put in 1112223333 as the number and it worked.

-- Paul

<heirbrande@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> is there a way I can us DUN to connect to the internet with
> the Verizon 5220 card? I just want to use plain ole PPP that comes with
> windows without having to use that program and risk screing up my
> alread "super stable" system.
> What do I input for the username and password?
>
> Thanks

<heirbrande@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> is there a way I can us DUN to connect to the internet with
> the Verizon 5220 card? I just want to use plain ole PPP that comes with
> windows without having to use that program and risk screing up my
> alread "super stable" system.
> What do I input for the username and password?

use your#@vzw3g.com (your number is the telephone number assigned to
your PC Card) as the user and the password is vzw. It worked for me, but no
guarantees for anyone else! I haven't had any problems with using the VZW
software, but again, that is no guarantee!

--
Thomas M. Goethe

By doing it this way can you then use Internet Connection Sharing to share
the connection. I have been told that the VZW connection software for the
5220 does not allow ICS, This has been my reason not to upgrade from my 555
aircard as I need to share my connection often.

"Thomas M. Goethe" <goethe11@lycos.com> wrote in message
> <heirbrande@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> is there a way I can us DUN to connect to the internet with
>> the Verizon 5220 card? I just want to use plain ole PPP that comes with
>> windows without having to use that program and risk screing up my
>> alread "super stable" system.
>> What do I input for the username and password?
>>

> use your#@vzw3g.com (your number is the telephone number assigned to
> your PC Card) as the user and the password is vzw. It worked for me, but
> no guarantees for anyone else! I haven't had any problems with using the
> VZW software, but again, that is no guarantee!
>

> --
> Thomas M. Goethe

While the verizon software doesn't allow it, I got an email from a guy in
Austin that played with it in dial-up (not using MO) and has it working
fine. (actually the guy that asked the original question)