Best score on GF2 MX?

mpjesse

Splendid
Trying to do a little comparison here... My best score with a GF2 MX (not overclocked) has been 4804. Anyone got anything better? Using 1024x768 at 16bit color?

System:
933mhz Athlon (133mhz FSB)
256megs of PC2100 RAM (CL2.5)
Geforce 2 MX, 175mhz core, 166mhz memory
Win98 SE
Detonator 3 6.67 drivers

-MP Jesse

4804 is not a bad score I assume your talking about 3d marks ?when you run the program you can click online browser and compare your system to many others. but it dosen'''''t give you what options the test were run at. fsaa,detail level bet quality or best performance etc. so you can only get an ideal of what other people are getting

Terak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I just ran mine through this weekend... 4984 3DMarks

System:
Pentium III 650 @ 866 MHz
128Mb PC133
Elsa GeForce 2 MX (no overclocking... yet)

Regards,
Terak

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Something is not right there. I did not notice that you're running 133 FSB and DDR memory. AMD 760 chipset?. Geforce SDRs and Geforce 2 MX have very similar performance but I would think your's would outperform mine when both are overclocked. You should have performance very similar to a P3 at 933. Some of those would probably be on a BX board running 133 Mhz FSB.

I just checked at MadOnion. There are about six scores over 6000 and dozens in the mid to high 5000's for machines not exceeding 933 Mhz with Geforce 2 MX cards. Some cards are more overclocked than yours but most don't say.

There probably are some more tweeks in you BIOS that you could do. I don't know what options there are for DDR memory but things that worked on my old KT7 are 4-way interleave, 4K page mode (or whatever it is), CAS2, and FAST DRAM timing. All of these together got me about 400 points.

Once your BIOS is maxed out I would not worry about your scores unless you are willing to take your graphics card to the limit. (I saw one card at 232/243). That is very risky.

G

Running a Duron 750@825 with a Asus geforce 2 mx, at 205/191 I got 5254 in 3dmarks, Im going to try for more tonight, seeing as I dropped a Blue orb on the card last night :)

mpjesse

Splendid
Unfortunately I got the first GeForce MX on the market- which was the eVGA card that had 7ns memory. So, It doesn't overclock very well. The highest I can take the memory reliably is about 193mhz. I don't think it's my system performance because my sandra benchmarks surpass a 1Ghz Athlon w/ Pc133 CAS2 RAM in almost every test.

But, I'll try those BIOS tweaks you mentioned. Speaking of which, there's a BIOS update for this board.

Thanks =)

-MP Jesse

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Sorry to hear it. In these days of mega megahertz it's all video memory bandwith and GPU performance.

I have an old Geforce SDR and OEM version at that but it has 5.5ns memory and turned out to be highly overclockable. It overclocked to 140/210 without mods (up from 120/166). I replaced the fan with an old 486 fan. Tested it to 150/210. I have some memory heatsinks yet to put in but not for more speed just to keep it running near max.

This will tide me over until Geforce 2 Ultras come down in price. (Way down in price)! Get yourself one of those so you can really take that big bad mobo to the limits

if your looking for high benchmark #s ?i dont have the mx so some may not apply, but you can give your card more main memory for storage if you have 128 mb try giving it say 64mb,turn off all FSAA,turn off v syncset, d3d options ,render 30 frames ahead, best performance,side band addressing ,agp fast writes. all of these are options to tweek higher scores along with bios options mentioned earlier some do not work with all hardware , so try one at a time, so if you crash you know what caused it but if your looking for the highest try them all, have fun