I follow no one?

At 2pm PST today on the EMarr server (possibly exactly 2pm; I didn't
check my logs), most or all of the NPCs in the Bazaar (I know for sure
about the bankers, guards, and stablehands) began spamming "I follow
no one." They each said it several times over the course of some
seconds, then stopped.

I tried asking /ooc if anyone had guildies who could report whether NPCs
in other zones had acted similarly, but I got no response. :-( So I'm
asking here: Did anyone else on EMarr, or other servers for that matter,
notice NPCs declaring their allegiance or lack thereof?

On a possibly related note, has the war between Lanys and Al'Kabor over
Firiona Vie begun?

-- Don.

p.s. I hailed one of the bankers and tried asking "Whom do you follow?"
and "Do you follow Firiona Vie?", but got no reply.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 51 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 44 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don
3 answers Last reply
More about follow

    On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 23:11:25 GMT, Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote:

    >At 2pm PST today on the EMarr server (possibly exactly 2pm; I didn't
    >check my logs), most or all of the NPCs in the Bazaar (I know for sure
    >about the bankers, guards, and stablehands) began spamming "I follow
    >no one." They each said it several times over the course of some
    >seconds, then stopped.
    >
    >I tried asking /ooc if anyone had guildies who could report whether NPCs
    >in other zones had acted similarly, but I got no response. :-( So I'm
    >asking here: Did anyone else on EMarr, or other servers for that matter,
    >notice NPCs declaring their allegiance or lack thereof?
    >
    >On a possibly related note, has the war between Lanys and Al'Kabor over
    >Firiona Vie begun?

    Seems to have. I went to DL last night and found it back to normal.
    However, FV's little town is now inhabited by inkie guards and cliff
    golems. I dropped a few cliff golems to see what was up, but only got
    a stack of lvl 50-60 spells and a few pieces of something that seems
    to be for tradeskilling (star-something ore?). They summon and seem
    to have a lot of hitpoints for their level, but weren't too tough.
    Spawn rates were slow enough that I elected not to grind there, but
    was fun to "open up" the town a bit for others.

    After a bit of exploring, I found all the regular FV residents tucked
    on a little peninsula off to the east of the zone. Upon reflection,
    I never saw Al'Kabor though. Maybe I missed him?
    --
    Elder Lizsolo Spiritmaster - 66 Beastlord
    Baron Darkensolo - 65 Cleric

    A: Top Posters
    Q: What's the most irritating thing on Usenet?

    Darkensolo <handy@solo-technology.killthis.com> wrote in

    > On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 23:11:25 GMT, Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote:
    >
    >>At 2pm PST today on the EMarr server (possibly exactly 2pm; I didn't
    >>check my logs), most or all of the NPCs in the Bazaar (I know for sure
    >>about the bankers, guards, and stablehands) began spamming "I follow
    >>no one." They each said it several times over the course of some
    >>seconds, then stopped.
    >>
    >>I tried asking /ooc if anyone had guildies who could report whether
    NPCs
    >>in other zones had acted similarly, but I got no response. :-( So I'm
    >>asking here: Did anyone else on EMarr, or other servers for that
    matter,
    >>notice NPCs declaring their allegiance or lack thereof?
    >>
    >>On a possibly related note, has the war between Lanys and Al'Kabor over
    >>Firiona Vie begun?
    >
    > Seems to have. I went to DL last night and found it back to normal.
    > However, FV's little town is now inhabited by inkie guards and cliff
    > golems. I dropped a few cliff golems to see what was up, but only got
    > a stack of lvl 50-60 spells and a few pieces of something that seems
    > to be for tradeskilling (star-something ore?). They summon and seem
    > to have a lot of hitpoints for their level, but weren't too tough.
    > Spawn rates were slow enough that I elected not to grind there, but
    > was fun to "open up" the town a bit for others.
    >
    > After a bit of exploring, I found all the regular FV residents tucked
    > on a little peninsula off to the east of the zone. Upon reflection,
    > I never saw Al'Kabor though. Maybe I missed him?

    I believe the star ore is for a spell quest, don't recall for sure. I
    used to play with the cliff golems in OT and with the dragoons and
    general there as well. Overall, not worth bothering with xp wise, just
    fun to take down some mobs that used to be a pain in the butt when I was
    much lower level.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 23 Dwarven Mystic, 21 Sage
    Aviv, 12 Gnome Brawler, 14 Craftsman

    Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
    : I believe the star ore is for a spell quest, don't recall for sure. I
    : used to play with the cliff golems in OT and with the dragoons and
    : general there as well. Overall, not worth bothering with xp wise, just
    : fun to take down some mobs that used to be a pain in the butt when I was
    : much lower level.

    Yeah, that ore was used in the "Remeber Garzicor" DN quest. Hugely annoying
    and if you failed on any of the forging combines you had to go whack a
    Cliff Golem again, and a Suit or 3 past whatsisname in Kael to try again.
    Then had to go play with the silly bug traps in DN, spawn a ghost dragon
    kill that, then do another turn-in in Skyshrine.

Games Servers Video Games