Installing memory on Presario 4508

Is there an instruction manual anywhere showing how on earth you get an
additional memory chip easily into a Presario 4508? Mine has 16 meg onboard
and a 16 meg DIMM in it.

I am trying to run 98 for my 6 year old son who needs a computer which can
run programs all of which seem to be set up for 3.1 or 95 and this one runs
98 on 32 meg of RAM. I have a 16 meg chip lying around which says on it
PC100-222-60 which I presume will go in (and which is the largest one I can
put in).

But I can't figure out how to snap it into the slot which is hidden behind
the power supply etc. Does the side slide out easily like the similar
looking Pavilion minitowers? (It doesn't SEEM to)

I suppose I might also improve things slightly by putting a S3 or an SiS 4
or 8 meg video card in it to replace the on board 2 meg one
(http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bpb12296.pdf) or would the difference
not be noticeable?

MFS
1 answer Last reply
More about installing memory presario 4508

    There is only 1 DIMM slot. You can pull the 16MB DIMM and install a 32MB
    one. Max memory on that model is 48MB.
    HH

    "My father's son" <myfathersson@nospam.rcn.com> wrote in message
    > Is there an instruction manual anywhere showing how on earth you get an
    > additional memory chip easily into a Presario 4508? Mine has 16 meg
    onboard
    > and a 16 meg DIMM in it.
    >
    > I am trying to run 98 for my 6 year old son who needs a computer which can
    > run programs all of which seem to be set up for 3.1 or 95 and this one
    runs
    > 98 on 32 meg of RAM. I have a 16 meg chip lying around which says on it
    > PC100-222-60 which I presume will go in (and which is the largest one I
    can
    > put in).
    >
    > But I can't figure out how to snap it into the slot which is hidden behind
    > the power supply etc. Does the side slide out easily like the similar
    > looking Pavilion minitowers? (It doesn't SEEM to)
    >
    > I suppose I might also improve things slightly by putting a S3 or an SiS 4
    > or 8 meg video card in it to replace the on board 2 meg one
    > (http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bpb12296.pdf) or would the
    difference
    > not be noticeable?
    >
    > MFS