Which Linksys Portable Router?

Spyro

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004

I am trying to decide between these two portable routers:

Wireless-G Travel Router
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?childpagename=US%2FLayout&packedargs=c%3DL_Product_C2%26cid%3D1122062241008&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper
Wireless-G Compact Router
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?childpagename=US%2FLayout&packedargs=c%3DL_Product_C2%26cid%3D1115416825655&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

I would be using it to tap in to my parents DSL when visiting. They
have an IMAC conected directly to a DSL modem. I figure with on of
these I could plug it into the DSL line and plug the IMAC into the
ethernet port. Then access the wireless network with my laptop. Also I
could use it traveling else where.

The question is which would be better. Considering range and ease of
use.

-S

"Spyro" <visionary@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would be using it to tap in to my parents DSL when visiting.

Buy them a WRT54G and leave it in place.

Spyro

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004

I imagine you are asking William that question.

Anyways I ordered the "Wireless-G Compact Router". As I do not need SES
and thought the power cord would be nice to position the unit in a
stategic spot as opposed to at the socket.

Thanks

Spyro <visionary@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am trying to decide between these two portable routers:
>
> Wireless-G Travel Router
> http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?childpagename=US%2FLayout&packedargs=c%3DL_Product_C2%26cid%3D1122062241008&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper
> Wireless-G Compact Router
> http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?childpagename=US%2FLayout&packedargs=c%3DL_Product_C2%26cid%3D1115416825655&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper
>
> I would be using it to tap in to my parents DSL when visiting. They
> have an IMAC conected directly to a DSL modem. I figure with on of
> these I could plug it into the DSL line and plug the IMAC into the
> ethernet port. Then access the wireless network with my laptop. Also I
> could use it traveling else where.

You are sure it's not a USB DSL modem?