Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HP LaserJet 6L Printer

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
April 12, 2004 11:38:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

I have used the latest XP driver for HP LaserJet 6L
printer but if the computer is booted up with the printer
having no paper in it, the PC doesn't recognise when paper
has been added. Normally it is necessary to re-boot the
machine so that printing can be carried out. Please
advise if there is a solution to this problem.

Regards
Glenn

More about : laserjet printer

Anonymous
April 13, 2004 8:15:48 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Maybe this:
HP LaserJet 5L and 6L Printer Families - Error Light Remains Lit, False Paper Jam
(Resetting Paper Sensors)
http://tinyurl.com/2sayx

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"Glenn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1b9cc01c42100$625a7af0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> I have used the latest XP driver for HP LaserJet 6L
> printer but if the computer is booted up with the printer
> having no paper in it, the PC doesn't recognise when paper
> has been added. Normally it is necessary to re-boot the
> machine so that printing can be carried out. Please
> advise if there is a solution to this problem.
>
> Regards
> Glenn
April 13, 2004 8:15:49 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Mary,

Thanks but unfortunately it isn't so simple. When the
paper is put into the hopper after booting up, the green
light correctly operates on the printer but the Windows
XP does not see this. There was no problem with Windows
95.

Regards
Glenn
>-----Original Message-----
>Maybe this:
>HP LaserJet 5L and 6L Printer Families - Error Light
Remains Lit, False Paper Jam
>(Resetting Paper Sensors)
>http://tinyurl.com/2sayx
>
>--
>Mary Sauer MS MVP
>http://office.microsoft.com/
>http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
>news://msnews.microsoft.com
>"Glenn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:1b9cc01c42100$625a7af0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>> I have used the latest XP driver for HP LaserJet 6L
>> printer but if the computer is booted up with the
printer
>> having no paper in it, the PC doesn't recognise when
paper
>> has been added. Normally it is necessary to re-boot
the
>> machine so that printing can be carried out. Please
>> advise if there is a solution to this problem.
>>
>> Regards
>> Glenn
>
>
>.
>
Related resources
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 12:45:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Glenn wrote:
> Mary,
>
> Thanks but unfortunately it isn't so simple. When the
> paper is put into the hopper after booting up, the green
> light correctly operates on the printer but the Windows
> XP does not see this. There was no problem with Windows
> 95.
>
> Regards
> Glenn
>> -----Original Message-----
>> Maybe this:
>> HP LaserJet 5L and 6L Printer Families - Error Light Remains Lit,
>> False Paper Jam (Resetting Paper Sensors)
>> http://tinyurl.com/2sayx
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> "Glenn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:1b9cc01c42100$625a7af0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>>> I have used the latest XP driver for HP LaserJet 6L
>>> printer but if the computer is booted up with the printer
>>> having no paper in it, the PC doesn't recognise when paper
>>> has been added. Normally it is necessary to re-boot the
>>> machine so that printing can be carried out. Please
>>> advise if there is a solution to this problem.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Glenn
>>
>>
>> .

You might post this to comp.sys.hp.hardware where a couple of HP printer
experts hang out. I have two 6L printers and found that the
XP-compatible HP driver does not work at all well (printers getting
"lost" from time to time) but the native XP driver does. You might try
the native driver; it retains most of the printer capabilities. Also,
the 6L is getting near the end of its useful life and the switch might
just be worn out. You will find references to replacement part
suppliers for these printers on the hp.hardware ng.


Q
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 8:07:11 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Q,

Thanks for your response. There is nothing wrong with the
paper detection switch. How do you access the "native"
driver, please? I will try that.

Regards
Glenn
>-----Original Message-----
>Glenn wrote:
>> Mary,
>>
>> Thanks but unfortunately it isn't so simple. When the
>> paper is put into the hopper after booting up, the green
>> light correctly operates on the printer but the Windows
>> XP does not see this. There was no problem with Windows
>> 95.
>>
>> Regards
>> Glenn
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> Maybe this:
>>> HP LaserJet 5L and 6L Printer Families - Error Light
Remains Lit,
>>> False Paper Jam (Resetting Paper Sensors)
>>> http://tinyurl.com/2sayx
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>>> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
>>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>>> "Glenn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>>> news:1b9cc01c42100$625a7af0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>>>> I have used the latest XP driver for HP LaserJet 6L
>>>> printer but if the computer is booted up with the
printer
>>>> having no paper in it, the PC doesn't recognise when
paper
>>>> has been added. Normally it is necessary to re-boot
the
>>>> machine so that printing can be carried out. Please
>>>> advise if there is a solution to this problem.
>>>>
>>>> Regards
>>>> Glenn
>>>
>>>
>>> .
>
>You might post this to comp.sys.hp.hardware where a
couple of HP printer
>experts hang out. I have two 6L printers and found that
the
>XP-compatible HP driver does not work at all well
(printers getting
>"lost" from time to time) but the native XP driver does.
You might try
>the native driver; it retains most of the printer
capabilities. Also,
>the 6L is getting near the end of its useful life and the
switch might
>just be worn out. You will find references to
replacement part
>suppliers for these printers on the hp.hardware ng.
>
>
>Q
>
>
>.
>
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 5:48:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

You can see if disabling Bidirectional Communication helps. Some printer
cables do not contain all the pin configurations that allow for the printer
to communicate to XP the way that it did on Win98.

Printer Properties / Ports

You will not get a Paper Out error, data will just error with no specific
message until paper is readded to the printer and the Parallel driver
signals the spooler that the device is available again.

You also might try changing the parallel BIOS configuration and see if
another setting works better with this printer.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1c14501c421ac$0d7c2db0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> Q,
>
> Thanks for your response. There is nothing wrong with the
> paper detection switch. How do you access the "native"
> driver, please? I will try that.
>
> Regards
> Glenn
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Glenn wrote:
> >> Mary,
> >>
> >> Thanks but unfortunately it isn't so simple. When the
> >> paper is put into the hopper after booting up, the green
> >> light correctly operates on the printer but the Windows
> >> XP does not see this. There was no problem with Windows
> >> 95.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Glenn
> >>> -----Original Message-----
> >>> Maybe this:
> >>> HP LaserJet 5L and 6L Printer Families - Error Light
> Remains Lit,
> >>> False Paper Jam (Resetting Paper Sensors)
> >>> http://tinyurl.com/2sayx
> >>>
> >>> --
> >>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> >>> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >>> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> >>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> >>> "Glenn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> >>> news:1b9cc01c42100$625a7af0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> >>>> I have used the latest XP driver for HP LaserJet 6L
> >>>> printer but if the computer is booted up with the
> printer
> >>>> having no paper in it, the PC doesn't recognise when
> paper
> >>>> has been added. Normally it is necessary to re-boot
> the
> >>>> machine so that printing can be carried out. Please
> >>>> advise if there is a solution to this problem.
> >>>>
> >>>> Regards
> >>>> Glenn
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> .
> >
> >You might post this to comp.sys.hp.hardware where a
> couple of HP printer
> >experts hang out. I have two 6L printers and found that
> the
> >XP-compatible HP driver does not work at all well
> (printers getting
> >"lost" from time to time) but the native XP driver does.
> You might try
> >the native driver; it retains most of the printer
> capabilities. Also,
> >the 6L is getting near the end of its useful life and the
> switch might
> >just be worn out. You will find references to
> replacement part
> >suppliers for these printers on the hp.hardware ng.
> >
> >
> >Q
> >
> >
> >.
> >
Anonymous
April 25, 2004 12:51:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

ok but i have a epson color777 and the paper keeps getting jamed what do i need to do
Anonymous
April 25, 2004 1:03:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

get your printer manual out and see how to clean your printer parts [rollers
etc..] And /or see if you can see any parts that are worn out.

"brann" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C771388A-36BA-4560-8D2B-428943C8030E@microsoft.com...
> ok but i have a epson color777 and the paper keeps getting jamed what do i
need to do
>
!