XP Pro and Apple Laserwriter IIg

I'm trying to print to the laserwriter IIg using the built-in driver within XP Pro (LW IIg v2010.113) and a serial cable, and the job spools to the printer and I can see the printer "working" on the job (processing light flashing), but then all the lights flash on the printer and nothing ever comes out. XP has handed the job to the printer already because there is nothing in the print queue.

I'm sending the job at the fastest spped over the cable, and I used to be able to print to this printer with Windows 98. Any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about apple laserwriter

    change the handshake setting in XP. The default COM settings are not always
    best for printing.

    Also if you are using any 9 to 25 pin adapter make sure it's not one
    designed for a mouse. If the same cable configuration worked on 98, it
    should be fine on XP.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "Erik" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to print to the laserwriter IIg using the built-in driver
    within XP Pro (LW IIg v2010.113) and a serial cable, and the job spools to
    the printer and I can see the printer "working" on the job (processing light
    flashing), but then all the lights flash on the printer and nothing ever
    comes out. XP has handed the job to the printer already because there is
    nothing in the print queue.

    > I'm sending the job at the fastest spped over the cable, and I used to be
    able to print to this printer with Windows 98. Any ideas?

Printers Windows XP