Traveling to Commonland EQ2

I received a quest/ challenge to race in Commonlands.. Where do I catch the
boat off Antonica?

Josh Carter wrote:
> I received a quest/ challenge to race in Commonlands.. Where do I catch the
> boat off Antonica?

If you enter Thundering Steppes from Antonica, follow the road around
until you reach a guard tower at a crossroads. Backtrack a short way,
and there's a dirt track running off the main road into the hills, which
leads down into the docks.

This leads you to Nektulos Forest, which should lead you to the Commonlands.

--
Michael Greenhalgh
---

EverQuest 2:
Miglok | Half-Elf Predator | Lavastorm

City of Heroes:
Shadow Ranger | Mutation Scrapper | Virtue
---

Scott

"Josh Carter" <josh_carter@yahooooooooo.com> wrote in message
> I received a quest/ challenge to race in Commonlands.. Where do I catch
the
> boat off Antonica?

Each of the continents is connected by a "Boat" you ring the Mariner's Bell
on the dock and you arrive at your destination. From Antonica, head into
the Thundering Steppes. Follow the road and take the first branch to the
left (you should veer South). Follow this into the "Dead River Bed" (or
something similar) and turn left again. This will take you to the docks
where you can ring the bell and get to the Nektulos dock. If you do not
have any sort of night vision, I suggest you not make the run at night as
Nektulos is deathly dark. Once in Nektulos, carefully head north (there are
aggressive beasts on the beach area) and find the "Hidden Beach Path".
Follow it north, at the fork, bear right, roughly west. There are
aggressive Owlbears and screeching things along the path, so be ready to
sprint. Stay on the road until you reach the river, I found nothing deadly
in the river and simply swam south until I could no more. Here, at the edge
of the river is the entrance to Commonlands.

I suggest that you have maps readily available, I use those found at The
Tower of Dreams: http://www.gry-online.pl/eq2/index.asp

The run through Nektulos reminds me of the ancient days of Norrath when
Kithicor Forest was a deadly place to the unwary, and more so at night.

I recently made this run for this very quest. I suggest that you explore
the Commonlands before you make the run. Knowing where you need to go is
very important for the quest.

I hope that helps.

--
Fingon, Eathan, Maelgwyn, of Resolute on Lucan D'Lere

Scott wrote:
> Stay on the road until you reach the river, I found nothing deadly
> in the river and simply swam south until I could no more. Here, at
the edge
> of the river is the entrance to Commonlands.

There are bleeders in the river which will chew you up in no time. At
least until they get aggro on somebody and then get stuck near the
zoneline. After that, the river is usually clear, just don't count on
it ;)

Nek has a ton of aggro, get ready to sprint a lot. After the broken
bridge, follow the right branch of the road, then stay on that road the
entire way to the zoneline (heading south).