Lost episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky5150

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2004
I recently acquired season 1 and most of season 2 of Lost and have been trying my damndest to convert the files to burn to dvd so I can play them on a regular dvd player. I've done shed loads of reading about the subject, been to doom9.org etc. and downnloaded avi2dvd after looking at another post and I just cannot get it to work!?!? When using avi2dvd it says it can't locate the neccessary encoder. I'm under the impression that the HDTV.lol postings for Lost were all xvid? Is there a program that will do it all in a oner?? Help would be greatly appreciated.

pat

Expert
You need to create a filesystem that your DVD will be able to read. To do that, you need a dvd creator apps, such as WinDVD creator or Ulead DVD movie factory. There is other too that would do the job. I use DVD builder, part of my Roxio suite.

These apps will take the video files, be it in AVI or MPEG, import it, and you'll be able to add the fancy menu ..

Then it will create the DVD, with the correct filesystem for standard DVD to read.

(\__/)
(=<font color=red><b>˚</b></font color=red>.'=)
(")ώ(") This is my bunny..terminator!!!

spunky5150

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2004
Downloaded WinDVD Creator, cracked it and it created a series of VCD files. Went to dump them using avi2dvd and t doesn't recognise them.
I'm totally stuck!!?!?!?!? A mate of mine has done it but he's being atotal ass and not giving me 1 clue as to how he's done it!!!
THG is my only hope, help me Obi Wan!!!>

pat

Expert
Why didnt you tell windvd to create DVD instead of svcd????

Hey, do you have a DVD burner?

And there is a tutorial in the help section, iirc. Might want to read it.

To do a DVD, you import the file in the editor, then go to create disk and you make the DVD.. You can eve detect scene and then, rearrange the whole movie without the commercials..

Going to the help menu and reading tutorials doesn't hurts... And you wont even need you avi2dvd stuff...

If you take a real dvd and examine the structure, you'll see what I means by DVD file system... and not just throwing video files on the dvd and expecting to work..

(\__/)

pat

Expert
By the way ..

A mate of mine has done it but he's being atotal ass and not giving me 1 clue as to how he's done it!!!

I wouldnt call that a friend ...

(\__/)

spunky5150

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2004
Here's the deal.........

What you're saying is if I place a blank dvd in to my Pioneer 110 it wil automatically convery the DivX file to dvd and play on any subsequent dvd player???

Well, it tells me I have placed an incorrect disc into my drive. It's media is not supported in this version. Now if memeory serves me correctly WinDVD2 fuly supports dvd's?? hence the name WinDVD2 creator??

If I click write to hard disc to burn later it offers me vcd and nothing more.

Any suggestions???

TUBE

pat

Expert
No... you don't understand. Go to Blockbuster (or any movie renting shop) and rent a DVD. Then, explore the DVD to see what is on. This is what you need to have to get the disk play in home DVD.

Now, maybe WinDVD cannot read Divx files. It can read mpeg or AVI. Ok, if you have Divx files, then you'll have to convert them either in plai AVI or mpeg to actually import them in WinDVD and then, transform the file and create the file structure that home dvd will read.

Now, I don't know what to tell you more. I guess that a bit of searching thru WinDVD help file and peeking into WinDVD setup will make you understand what is it, create a DVD..

(\__/)

Status
Not open for further replies.