What is bottlenecking my rig????????????????????

thefilmcritic1

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Ok guys,

so I'll let you know exactlly what my specs are
I got a Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H mobo
Phenom II Quad core 955 BE 3.2 not overclocked
8 gigs ddr2 (2 sticks 667)(2 sticks 800)
ocz 880 w PSU
Saphire 6870 GPU
aslo my hard drive is a Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM

and wondering if anything that you see here might be bottle necking I play alot of well....Guild wars,allods,mw2,killing floor,dungeon defenders,payday,saints row 2....etc and I've tried everything and I always get a lag I use Fraps to rec most of my game play and I notice sometimes I will be rec for instance MW2 and will be rec on almost maxall the time I would say every 2-3 mins my frams drop and I lag only for like 1.5 secs then back up to normal it doesnt happen as often when I'm not recording but still does happen I had a heating Issue prior but got that fixed it runs around 56C while recording mw2 I'm stumped I cant think of what to do is it my ram bottlenecking my rig or maybe my cpu bottlenecking my GPU.

This sucks as I do youtube and want the best quality I'm going to be buying a AM3+ mobo and 12gigs of 1600 DDR3 here soon once I get the cash just wondering If Ill show a performance increase at all or is it a waist of time and info please email me

also I did a 3DMARKs test my score was P3886 3DMarks it says it was low would my ram be the problem

another quick qeustion would 4gs of ddr2 800mhz be faster then 8gs ddr2 of 667mhz or vice cersa

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
You could have used the other thread that you started on the exact same topic. 4gb of 880mhz ram is faster than 8gb of 667mhz ram but 4gb is saturated quicker than 8gb due to there being half as much of it. Like I told you before in detail, your weakest component right now is your ram. If you're concerned about a CPU bottleneck, try overclocking it. If you're in a heavily GPU-bound game and a CPU overclock yields tangible results, then yes your CPU is bottlenecking (or at least its clock speed). Really unsure how you could have needed to ask this same question all over again unless this was a faulty edit or something.

thefilmcritic1

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012

Ya sorry screwed up my edit some how lol thx