Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Can i play skyrim?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 25, 2012 12:56:35 PM

I have this laptop with

core i5-480m
ati mobility radeon 5470
3gb ram

can i run skyrim? play it at medium? thanks in advance...

More about : play skyrim

March 25, 2012 3:31:58 PM

You could probably get a decent framerate at low, may be a little hard at medium.
m
0
l
March 25, 2012 3:32:30 PM

Make sure your drivers are updated.
m
0
l
Related resources
March 26, 2012 4:42:50 PM

Bones2525 said:
Make sure your drivers are updated.

yeah, about the update.. everytime i tried to update, it always says contact your notebook manufacturer... i cant update my graphic driver :fou: 
m
0
l
March 26, 2012 9:54:02 PM

Really? Did you go to AMD's website, then properly select the drop boxes to get the driver package? It should still run, but at reduced performance. In addition, artifacting in Skyrim occurs if you have the 12.2 drivers, make sure to use 12.1. Know how, or need instructions?
m
0
l
a c 439 D Laptop
March 26, 2012 10:11:38 PM

Laptops generally cannot use the generic drivers from nVidia or AMD. You must use the drivers provided by the laptop's brand name.
m
0
l
March 27, 2012 1:55:40 AM

I doubt you could play it at medium.
It might be playable on low.
Check on youtube for videos of skyrim gameplay with the same Graphics chip as you. Normally in the description they say the framerate before recording.
I would say framerate of 30 fps is minimum for game to be playable.
m
0
l
March 27, 2012 3:46:15 AM

jaguarskx said:
Laptops generally cannot use the generic drivers from nVidia or AMD. You must use the drivers provided by the laptop's brand name.


is there any way i can update?
m
0
l
March 27, 2012 3:47:32 AM

Go to the manufacturer's site and look for your laptop's model, then to it's drivers and support page.
m
0
l
March 27, 2012 3:48:23 AM

piwifrut said:
I doubt you could play it at medium.
It might be playable on low.
Check on youtube for videos of skyrim gameplay with the same Graphics chip as you. Normally in the description they say the framerate before recording.
I would say framerate of 30 fps is minimum for game to be playable.


actually i have a friend who already bought this game, and he have i3 350m, and intel hd 3000, he plays it on low, and it runs pretty good, 25-35 fps, but the texture and everything is so ugly..
m
0
l
March 27, 2012 3:50:02 AM

Bones2525 said:
Go to the manufacturer's site and look for your laptop's model, then to it's drivers and support page.


i just check it, and they only have the same driver just like mine :( 
m
0
l
March 27, 2012 3:52:44 AM

Bones2525 said:
Really? Did you go to AMD's website, then properly select the drop boxes to get the driver package? It should still run, but at reduced performance. In addition, artifacting in Skyrim occurs if you have the 12.2 drivers, make sure to use 12.1. Know how, or need instructions?


i download the amd's auto detect and install, when it started to installing the update it keep telling me this message

"amd catalyst mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software. the version of graphic is not supported, please contact your manufacturer"
m
0
l
March 29, 2012 3:56:02 AM

it should still work, possibly at decreased performance. Depends on which driver you have now, which is? You could also see how well it runs by using your friend's copy, no?
m
0
l
March 29, 2012 2:39:33 PM

Bones2525 said:
it should still work, possibly at decreased performance. Depends on which driver you have now, which is? You could also see how well it runs by using your friend's copy, no?


i can run st row the third @ medium max fps 35 min 24...
m
0
l
March 30, 2012 10:23:27 AM

Well you can loan the game from your friend, like Bones said and test it out.
m
0
l

Best solution

March 30, 2012 3:34:22 PM

Yes, it'll probably play well on low.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hSgwutqAyo

Share
March 31, 2012 6:54:32 AM

Yes you can play it on medium
m
0
l
April 7, 2012 1:59:57 PM

Best answer selected by oveeseregor.
m
0
l
April 11, 2012 12:00:18 PM

i got it yesterday... play it in medium.. avg fps 30...... so much win!!
m
0
l
!