Trouble sending faxes

Tags:
  • Fax
  • Windows XP
April 14, 2004 1:56:16 PM

Installed Windows XP Fax Services but cannot send faxes. Originally tried sending fax from MS Word using Print command. Got error messages about 24 s after hitting Send like 'There is no answer' or 'Line is busy' or 'Unable ...' Then decided to try sending fax from MS Outlook. Was prompted to install Symantec fax from my MS Office 2000 disc and did so. Still unable to send. Error message 'Ambiguous name detected' and prompted to debug. Something about conflicts of module-level and procedure-level identifiers/variables. Did not try debugging---maybe over my head. Then uninstalled XP Fax Services, restarted and tried again. Same message. Please help.

More about : trouble sending faxes

April 14, 2004 6:41:03 PM

Also.....Modem works fine for dialup internet, but was not found in MS Catalogue alias HCL (U.S. Robotics VoiceWin 1806).
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 8:40:40 PM

Are you using a XP fax compatible anolog modem and anolog phone line to send
faxes?

"Canis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Installed Windows XP Fax Services but cannot send faxes. Originally tried
sending fax from MS Word using Print command. Got error messages about 24 s
after hitting Send like 'There is no answer' or 'Line is busy' or 'Unable
....' Then decided to try sending fax from MS Outlook. Was prompted to
install Symantec fax from my MS Office 2000 disc and did so. Still unable to
send. Error message 'Ambiguous name detected' and prompted to debug.
Something about conflicts of module-level and procedure-level
identifiers/variables. Did not try debugging---maybe over my head. Then
uninstalled XP Fax Services, restarted and tried again. Same message. Please
help.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 14, 2004 9:16:08 PM

Yes, Victor. I used the same modem for Internet and sending faxes before upgrading to Windows xp from Windows 98. As I recall, I could only make it work by sending via Outlook. Thanks. C.
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 2:27:21 AM

If the modem is not on the HCL list then it won't work with XP

!