Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Looking for a good rts

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 26, 2012 1:04:32 PM

greetings comrades!


I am on the market for a good rts to occupy my Friday nights and Saturdays :p . I have Annoy 2070, Company of Heroes, and Empire: Total war. I am looking at Shogun 2 : Total war, fall of samurai, rise of samurai. I also am curious if Napoleon: Total war is very close to Empire: Total War. As you can tell by my purchase Anno 2070 the rts does not have to focus solely on war. I am also interested in the Settlers and Civilization series. I have also heard of sins of a solar empire? not too sure about that one. I have been googling and youtubing looking, but haven't decided on anything yet. Right i am leaning towards Shogun 2: Total war because it looks quite epic and the naval battles add a break from only land battles. I am also aware of some space rts's such as sins of a solar empire I think? Suggest to me some good rts's you have played or ones you know are coming out soon. Please let me know guys!

lots of love :love:  :kaola: 

sgtpepper500

More about : good rts

March 26, 2012 2:58:12 PM

Have you ever tried the original Supreme Commander (and FA) games?

You can get into some very epic battles and there's a ton of variety for the units. You can generally pick the bundle pretty cheap and there well worth it IMO.
m
0
l
March 26, 2012 3:25:03 PM

I have heard of that. didn't Supreme Commander 2 come out some time? I heard that it wasn't very good. I'll have to looking into the first one. thanks!
m
0
l
Related resources
March 27, 2012 9:04:05 PM

As far as space rts games goes I really like the Homeworld series, Homeworld, Homeworld 2 and Homeworld Cataclysm.
m
0
l
March 27, 2012 10:53:19 PM

As bad a company as Blizzard is, Starcraft 2 heads the rts genre.
m
0
l
March 28, 2012 12:17:50 AM

Napoleon is just a little better than Empire. Shogun 2 is the best so far of the total war. My avatar comes from Shogun 2. There is a lot of detail in the game so your specs should be of a good gaming rig.

I play at least 2 to 3 times a week, out of all the games I have Shoegun 2 is the best RTS that I have ever played. The Age of Empires series are cool, so is Rise of nations. the Comand & Conquer the first decade is good.
m
0
l
March 28, 2012 4:36:03 AM

As I see you are not only looking at RTS (Since Total War and Civ are technically TBS) so I have to suggest the Heroes of might and magic series, avoid 6 though!
m
0
l
March 30, 2012 5:16:24 AM

Quote:
I have Annoy 2070
:lol:  I'm playing Shogun 2 now, and it's really good.
Quote:
I am on the market for a good rts to occupy my Friday nights and Saturdays :p .

Then I would definitely recommend SimCity 4, and there are literally thousands of mods for it.
m
0
l
Anonymous
June 13, 2012 3:23:14 PM

sgtpepper500 said:
greetings comrades!


I am on the market for a good rts to occupy my Friday nights and Saturdays :p . I have Annoy 2070, Company of Heroes, and Empire: Total war. I am looking at Shogun 2 : Total war, fall of samurai, rise of samurai. I also am curious if Napoleon: Total war is very close to Empire: Total War. As you can tell by my purchase Anno 2070 the rts does not have to focus solely on war. I am also interested in the Settlers and Civilization series. I have also heard of sins of a solar empire? not too sure about that one. I have been googling and youtubing looking, but haven't decided on anything yet. Right i am leaning towards Shogun 2: Total war because it looks quite epic and the naval battles add a break from only land battles. I am also aware of some space rts's such as sins of a solar empire I think? Suggest to me some good rts's you have played or ones you know are coming out soon. Please let me know guys!

lots of love :love:  :kaola: 

sgtpepper500



Cheers! I'm here to recommend you League of Legends (LoL)
It's very entertaining as you know the rules already and FREE.
Here's the link to sign up:

https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/pl/signup/index?ref=...

Try it! It's great, believe me ;) 
m
0
l
June 13, 2012 6:33:43 PM

Hazbot said:
As I see you are not only looking at RTS (Since Total War and Civ are technically TBS) so I have to suggest the Heroes of might and magic series, avoid 6 though!

and what's wrong with 6? imo, it's bounds better than 5 and 4
m
0
l
!