Can't Print

Had no problem with my HP Laserjet 4000 running ME. Upgraded to XP - Can't print. Printer DPM say PROCESSING, the data light flashes then printer says READY - but no printing !
Tried different drivers from HP - same result.
2 answers Last reply
More about print

    You upgraded and kept the printer connected. Now your drivers have become
    corrupted. Uninstall and reinstall
    www.coribright.com

    "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Had no problem with my HP Laserjet 4000 running ME. Upgraded to XP - Can't
    print. Printer DPM say PROCESSING, the data light flashes then printer says
    READY - but no printing !
    > Tried different drivers from HP - same result.

    Disconnect parallel cable from printer.
    delete printer from Printer's and Faxes.
    Go to device Manager and remove parallel port. Restart
    ONce restarted go to device manager go to parallel port
    properties. lokk under resources and make sure an IRQ is
    assigned, if not go to Port Settings and check use any
    interrupt assigned.... Click ok. Restart computer if
    prompted. Once restarted reconnect cable and windows
    should automatically detect and load drivers. print test
    page

Hewlett Packard Printers Windows XP