mark

Had no problem with my HP Laserjet 4000 running ME. Upgraded to XP - Can't print. Printer DPM say PROCESSING, the data light flashes then printer says READY - but no printing !
Tried different drivers from HP - same result.

You upgraded and kept the printer connected. Now your drivers have become
corrupted. Uninstall and reinstall
www.coribright.com

"Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Had no problem with my HP Laserjet 4000 running ME. Upgraded to XP - Can't
print. Printer DPM say PROCESSING, the data light flashes then printer says
READY - but no printing !
> Tried different drivers from HP - same result.

Jimmy

Disconnect parallel cable from printer.
delete printer from Printer's and Faxes.
Go to device Manager and remove parallel port. Restart
ONce restarted go to device manager go to parallel port
properties. lokk under resources and make sure an IRQ is
assigned, if not go to Port Settings and check use any
interrupt assigned.... Click ok. Restart computer if
prompted. Once restarted reconnect cable and windows
should automatically detect and load drivers. print test
page