printing file folders

How do you pront the contents of a file folder in windows
XP?

I assume you mean create a list of all the sub folders and files in a
folder.

To do this, open a command prompt window and use the tree command

e.g.

tree /? <-- will give you all of the available options for the tree
command

tree c:\temp /f > lpt1: <-- will send the list of sub-folders and to a
printer (the info at http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm might
help here)

--
Bruce Sanderson MVP

It's perfectly useless to know the right answer to the wrong question.

"edward ferrer" <edferrer@suffolk.lib.ny.us> wrote in message
> How do you pront the contents of a file folder in windows
> XP?

Gordon

you should also look at MS knowledge base 321379, the technique is for XP
(should work with w2k) and involves messing with the registry so if you've
not comfy with that stick with the advice you already have