Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can you hook a prossesor up to a laptop

Last response: in Video Games
March 26, 2012 7:56:11 PM

Hello, I love gaming! im 15 i do not have any type of job to get me money and i have a laptop that plays games at 20fps WITHOUT playing anything in the background, I want it to be able to run smoothly and with Frapps running to record my gameplay. is there a way to get a new prossesor for a laptop?

More about : hook prossesor laptop

Best solution

a c 249 D Laptop
March 26, 2012 8:03:42 PM

Hi :) 

Depends on the lappy ..on some the cpu is SOLDERED in.....which is a no...

All the best Brett :) 
a b D Laptop
a b 4 Gaming
March 26, 2012 8:26:13 PM

and its probably GPU limited as well, in which case the answer is still no. Its an early summer, start cutting grass (the green kind on the ground).
m
l
Related resources
March 26, 2012 10:09:24 PM

Yea, when I was 13/14/15 I cut grass. Save about 800 bucks (a few weeks if you get a few regulars) and build a gaming desktop. :D  :D  :D 
m
l
March 27, 2012 2:03:41 AM

What processor do you have at the moment?

And as 13thmonkey said, the GPU could be limiting your gaming performance too. GPUs in laptops are generally impossible to upgrade as they are soldered to the mainboard.

But processors are often (not always) removable and able to be upgraded. But putting a more powerful one in could cause your laptop to overheat, so it is risky business.

I'd get a new laptop :) 
Do some research to make sure you get one that can do what you want it to do.
m
l
a b D Laptop
a b 4 Gaming
March 27, 2012 8:04:45 AM

nocturnal7x said:
Yea, when I was 13/14/15 I cut grass. Save about 800 bucks (a few weeks if you get a few regulars) and build a gaming desktop. :D  :D  :D 

if you can do say 10 on a saturday, at say $10/time, it won't take long, of course they are going to want you to do it for the whole year or longer...
m
l
April 5, 2012 12:02:36 AM

Best answer selected by warkid12.
m
l
April 5, 2012 12:04:38 AM

Thanks guys you all helped out with my problem, il start a little job and save up for a gaming computer. you guys better have WoW

FOR THE ALLIANCE.
m
l
!