Firefox UI trouble in Windows 7

monsterrocks

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2007
Hey guys, I am still using the release candidate of windows 7 and I am having some issues with firefox. The browser itself is working fine, but the browser window and any pages it displays are massive. My resolution is at 1920x1200, but firfox looks like it would if I were running my desktop resolution at 800x600. Any ideas why the browser is running so large? It makes it very annoying to view pages that were meant for higher resolutions. I know I can zoom out of a page, but that won't fix the problem, as the actual window itself would still be massive and take up a large amount of the screen. Any ideas? Thanks!

monsterrocks

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2007
The text on the "File, Edit, View..." Is all normal size, but the Menus, Address Bar, Buttons, and tabs take up the top 2 inches or so of my screen. It shouldn't take nearly that much up at 1920x1200. And I reset zoom to no effect; the webpages still look like they are being loaded in 800x600. Any more ideas? Thanks!

monsterrocks

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2007
Let me explain it like this. Ever used firefox on a netbook? It looks exactly how I would expect it to on a netbook, and this is a laptop with a full HD screen...something has to be wrong, because under no circumstances should it look anything like it would on a netbook. I have tried googling it, but either I am the only one who has ever had this issue, or it is supposed to be this way. If the latter is the case, I am afraid I will have to switch browsers, and I really don't wanna do that cause firefox is great.

This is grasping at straws, but try this:

-> type "about:config" in the address bar and acknowledge the warning message if you get it.

-> scroll down to the "general.skins.selectedSkin" entry.

What value is it set to? Mine is set to "Classic/1.0".

UchihaItachi

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
I had another problem with firefox, when using RTM W7 X86
It sometimes popup a debugger popup....asking localhost or some other place....when it appear more than 3 times, firefox close.
how to fix??