[LG VX7000] Editing voicemail number to include 6-second p..

I currently own the LG VX7000. I am not sure if this can be done with my
phone, but I want to edit my voicemail number to include a 6-second pause
and my password. I know how to edit the number to include the password.
It's adding the pause that is giving my grief.

A web page I read mentioned the right soft key. This does nothing on the
"Edit Voice Mail #" screen. Oddly enough, pressing the right soft key does
give me the option to add a pause if I dial the number manually.

Just add two upper case "T" without the quotes or more if you need to. Mine
works fine with two.
"Anthony J. Bertorelli" <eaglescout1998@ocsnet.net> wrote in message
>I currently own the LG VX7000. I am not sure if this can be done with my
>phone, but I want to edit my voicemail number to include a 6-second pause
>and my password. I know how to edit the number to include the password.
>It's adding the pause that is giving my grief.
>
> A web page I read mentioned the right soft key. This does nothing on the
> "Edit Voice Mail #" screen. Oddly enough, pressing the right soft key
> does give me the option to add a pause if I dial the number manually.

Doesn't the lower right screen say Pause? My VX7000 has it when I'm on the
Edit Voice Mail # screen and it has a choice of 1 - Hard pause or 2 - 2-sec
pause.

"Anthony J. Bertorelli" <eaglescout1998@ocsnet.net> wrote in message
>I currently own the LG VX7000. I am not sure if this can be done with my
>phone, but I want to edit my voicemail number to include a 6-second pause
>and my password. I know how to edit the number to include the password.
>It's adding the pause that is giving my grief.
>
> A web page I read mentioned the right soft key. This does nothing on the
> "Edit Voice Mail #" screen. Oddly enough, pressing the right soft key
> does give me the option to add a pause if I dial the number manually.

>I currently own the LG VX7000. I am not sure if this can be done with my
> phone, but I want to edit my voicemail number to include a 6-second pause
> and my password. I know how to edit the number to include the password.
> It's adding the pause that is giving my grief.

Excuse the ignorance, but does this mean I can program another number other
than *86 to get voicemail, and then automatically receive the messages
without going through the exercise of punching # part way through the
outgoing message - then typing the password?

Sounds like a great idea.

Thanks

DS

In news:FWCLd.2706$dB4.1957@trnddc06,
DFS <ok@nospam.com> typed:
>> I currently own the LG VX7000. I am not sure if this can be done
>> with my phone, but I want to edit my voicemail number to include a
>> 6-second pause and my password. I know how to edit the number to
>> include the password. It's adding the pause that is giving my grief.
>
> Excuse the ignorance, but does this mean I can program another number
> other than *86 to get voicemail, and then automatically receive the
> messages without going through the exercise of punching # part way
> through the outgoing message - then typing the password?
>
> Sounds like a great idea.
>
> Thanks
>
> DS

I have a LG VX4400 and set up a phone book entry for VZW with my cell phone
number, TT, my password and #. 1112223333TT9999#. When I get voice mail I
press NO, then push the button for VZW. This way I can check my voice mail
from anywhere and only have to press one key.
I was able, in the past, to change the *86 entry - but then it quit working.

Yes DFS you can... Just edit the number and add hard or soft pauses i.e.
soft pauses can be done more than once to fix Anthony;'s question..
"DFS" <ok@nospam.com> wrote in message news:FWCLd.2706$dB4.1957@trnddc06...

>>I currently own the LG VX7000. I am not sure if this can be done with my
>> phone, but I want to edit my voicemail number to include a 6-second pause
>> and my password. I know how to edit the number to include the password.
>> It's adding the pause that is giving my grief.
>
> Excuse the ignorance, but does this mean I can program another number
> other than *86 to get voicemail, and then automatically receive the
> messages without going through the exercise of punching # part way through
> the outgoing message - then typing the password?
>
> Sounds like a great idea.
>
> Thanks
>
> DS

Not only that but you should be able to add pauses,
password, #, whatever. I press one button and a bit
later I'm listening to my first VM. I use my own cell
number so it works anywhere including while roaming.

-Quick

MrRx wrote:
> Yes DFS you can... Just edit the number and add hard or
> soft pauses i.e. soft pauses can be done more than once
> to fix Anthony;'s question.. "DFS" <ok@nospam.com> wrote
> in message news:FWCLd.2706$dB4.1957@trnddc06...
>>
>>> I currently own the LG VX7000. I am not sure if this
>>> can be done with my phone, but I want to edit my
>>> voicemail number to include a 6-second pause and my
>>> password. I know how to edit the number to include the
>>> password. It's adding the pause that is giving my
>>> grief.
>>
>> Excuse the ignorance, but does this mean I can program
>> another number other than *86 to get voicemail, and then
>> automatically receive the messages without going through
>> the exercise of punching # part way through the outgoing
>> message - then typing the password?
>>
>> Sounds like a great idea.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> DS

Be aware that in some parts of the US the sequence would be
1112223333TT#9999. Not sure why, but where I am, you type the pound before
your password.

> Not only that but you should be able to add pauses,
> password, #, whatever. I press one button and a bit
> later I'm listening to my first VM. I use my own cell
> number so it works anywhere including while roaming.
>
> -Quick
>
> MrRx wrote:
>> Yes DFS you can... Just edit the number and add hard or
>> soft pauses i.e. soft pauses can be done more than once
>> to fix Anthony;'s question.. "DFS" <ok@nospam.com> wrote
>> in message news:FWCLd.2706$dB4.1957@trnddc06...

>>> Excuse the ignorance, but does this mean I can program
>>> another number other than *86 to get voicemail, and then
>>> automatically receive the messages without going through
>>> the exercise of punching # part way through the outgoing
>>> message - then typing the password?
>>>
>>> Sounds like a great idea.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> DS

JAnie, yes this # says to stop the outgoing message and await the password
to access the voicemail.. I do not know of any voicemail service that does
not require either the * (usual to press * and levae message quicker when
calling someone elses vmail) or # allowing you to stop message and enter
password to get into your own vmail.

"Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
> Be aware that in some parts of the US the sequence would be
> 1112223333TT#9999. Not sure why, but where I am, you type the pound
> before your password.
>

> "Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Not only that but you should be able to add pauses,
>> password, #, whatever. I press one button and a bit
>> later I'm listening to my first VM. I use my own cell
>> number so it works anywhere including while roaming.
>>
>> -Quick
>>
>> MrRx wrote:
>>> Yes DFS you can... Just edit the number and add hard or
>>> soft pauses i.e. soft pauses can be done more than once
>>> to fix Anthony;'s question.. "DFS" <ok@nospam.com> wrote
>>> in message news:FWCLd.2706$dB4.1957@trnddc06...

Use the Contact menu to enter the following
*86TT#XXXX (replace the XXX with the password that is used.)
Then go to the Voice dial menu and bring up the name you used for the
"contact voicemail"
set up as you would for any Voice Dial.
Tom........

"Strike" <Strikeme@noclass.rr.com> wrote in message
> Just add two upper case "T" without the quotes or more if you need to.
> Mine works fine with two.

That's my problem. I have not been able to add a two-second pause on the
edit voice mail number screen.

Here is the method I use to edit my voice mail number:

1.) Pressing OK button brings up the main menu. "Contacts" submenu
displays.
2.) Pressing the left directional button displays the "Messaging" submenu.
3.) Scroll down to Option #6 (Voicemail), Press left soft key ("Settings").
4.) Scroll down to Option #6 (Edit Voice Mail #). Press OK.

Now, I have no problem entering in numbers. However, I have no option to
add a pause. In the chance my phone possibly needs to be flashed, here is
my software version.

SW Version - T70VZ03
PRL Version - PRL 42048
ERI Version - ERI 50018
Browser Version - 6.2.3.1.174
Get It Now Version - 2.1.2.5

I have t70vzv08
prl 50233

"cricket" <cricket23@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>I have t70vzv08
> prl 50233

That did it. Flashing my phone solved the dilemma.