Cyberpower build worth it? will it run diablo 3 on max settings?

mustachio27

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Case: * Apevia X-Cruiser 2 Mid-Tower Case w/ Side-Panel Window & MultiMeter Display [-54] (Black Color)
Laser Engraving: None
Laser Engraving Message:
Internal USB Extension Module: None
Neon Light Upgrade: None
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans
Noise Reduction Technology: None
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011
Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel: None
Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking
Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant
Motherboard: (3-Way SLI Support) ASRock X79 Extreme 4 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX w/ UEFI bios, XFast LAN, Charger, & USB Technology, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 3 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI
Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [-46] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
Freebies: None
Video Card 2: AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+114] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
Video Card 3: None
Power Supply Upgrade: 800 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
Data Hard Drive: None
Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None
External Hard Drive (USB3.0/2.0/eSATA): None
USB Flash Drive: None
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: None
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
3D Vision Glasses: None
LCD Monitor: None
2nd Monitor: None
3rd Monitor: None
Speakers: None
Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
Keyboard: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
Mouse: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
Mouse Pad: None
Gaming Gear: None
Extra Thermal Display: None
Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: None
External Wireless Network Card: None
Wireless 802.11 B/G/N Access Point: None
Bluetooth: None
Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
Video Camera: None
Headset: None
Printer: None
Cable: None
Power Protection: None
IEEE1394 Card: None
Internal USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
USB Port: None
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner: None
Office Suite: None
Ultra Care Option: None

DM186

Splendid
Why are you going with that i7 3820? That is way overkill for gaming. My i7 is way over kill for gaming. Are you going to do any hyper threading? The i5 2550k is more than enough for the type of gaming of to day.

The i7 doesn't even use 40%, and that is running full out. With your liquid cooling get the 2x 120mm push and pull fan. You will wish you had gotten that. Last but least your PSU 800w

There are certin brands you want don't get the Xtrem gear PSU 800w. These are the brand names you want to get. Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, and XFX. But I think Cyberpower only offers Corsair.

Do not get the thermaltake PSU either. Oh the case you should get a full size case. Because later on down the line you are going to wish you had gotten the bigger case. I have 7 case fans in my full tower.

All my temps stay very cool. Other than that you have the makings of a fine rig. I would have said something about your GPU but you are getting two of them so you should be good. Good luck to you on this build.

mustachio27

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
thanks i'll check into the psu and liquid cooling , but i figure i'll stick with the i7 i run a macro on several clients with 7-10 accounts at a time on an mmo that i play and i want to be able to also still be able to play diablo 3 while those are going, just want to be sure i'll be fine and stick with the i7, plus on the black pearl build that i'm using they dont offer i5 .. also thanks for the input appreciate it :)

nocturnal7x

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
Processor may be overkill, but think of the future man :D I overclocked my i7 2600k to 4.4ghz and did not gain 1 fps from doing so with my gtx 570 running overclocked as well. This makes me confident this processor will last me another 4 years :D These are some fast chips.

Id go with at least a 2600k, I made the mistake of buying a mid/low range CPU about 4.5 years ago and it blew up in my face this fall lol. It had a good run, but if I had gotten a quad core I would probably still be using it :p

DM186

Splendid

I don't know. I guess you could find bench marks to compare. I think two of the HD 7770 in CF are about the same of the 570. This benchmark only shows 570 vs 7770. But two of the 7770 would be just about even.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/536?vs=518

digdog

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
so much wrong here; listen to DM - also, why 2 7770.. get a single 7870, or a 570 .. or even a 560ti, it will still max out D3.

+1 for 2500k.

honestly that setup doesnt need WC and you could probaly build your own with less money ..

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
cyberpower and all similar companies are so funny. extreme i7 cpu solutions go great with 7770 gpu's right?

At least you'd never have to worry about bottlenecking.

And OP no, that is a horribly unbalanced build with the lion's share of the budget being spent on the parts that they managed to get OEM deals on. Listen to DM186. He's on the right track on this topic.

TRENDING THREADS