Fax Sent Box

The entries in my Fax sent box suddenly are not visible,
and the right scroll bar disappeared last week at the
same time. I went to check one of my faxes I sent, and
the box looked empty, even though the fax console showed
files. I located the files that were in the box through
windows explorer, and moved them to another folder. The
problem is that new faxes I send are not visible in the
sent fax folder on the console.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem.

I am still able to send and receive faxes, and my
incoming fax folder is ok, just my outgoing folder is
basically invisible. This along with the missing scroll
right bar are extremely frustrating, as I have a home
office.

SP1 was installed on my computer the day it was released
and so that does not solve the problem. The problem is
viewing the sent items list. I can right click on the
white screen and if there is something there it pops up
in the fax viewer. The problem is that I cannot see the
list to know what to click on. In addition, the right
scroll bar has disappeared from my sent baox screen, all
I have is the bottom scroll bar for shifting right and
left, I cannot scroll up or down on my list.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kathy
disabled the Fax Monitor
>in the initial release of Windows XP. These problems
were fixed in Service
>Pack 1. Make sure you apply SP1 or the update from the
following article:

>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322011
>You Cannot Preview a Fax in the Fax Console
>
>This may also apply:
>
>http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6daf
b0a788256bc7005c3fa3/c06387f12de9fa2a88256cf60063c54d?
OpenDocument
>Microsoft Fax Monitor does not function properly after
installing Norton
>Internet Security
>
>Hal
>--
>Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
>Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
>http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
>KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
>Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
>"Kathy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> The entries in my Fax sent box suddenly are not
visible,
>> and the right scroll bar disappeared last week at the
>> same time. I went to check one of my faxes I sent, and
>> the box looked empty, even though the fax console
showed
>> files. I located the files that were in the box
through
>> windows explorer, and moved them to another folder.
The
>> problem is that new faxes I send are not visible in the
>> sent fax folder on the console.
>>
>> Any ideas on how to fix this problem.
>>
>> I am still able to send and receive faxes, and my
>> incoming fax folder is ok, just my outgoing folder is
>> basically invisible. This along with the missing
scroll
>> right bar are extremely frustrating, as I have a home
>> office.
>

>.

I've never seen this. Did you try the hotfix?
What changes did you make to your system before this started happening?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> SP1 was installed on my computer the day it was released
> and so that does not solve the problem. The problem is
> viewing the sent items list. I can right click on the
> white screen and if there is something there it pops up
> in the fax viewer. The problem is that I cannot see the
> list to know what to click on. In addition, the right
> scroll bar has disappeared from my sent baox screen, all
> I have is the bottom scroll bar for shifting right and
> left, I cannot scroll up or down on my list.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Kathy

I use McAfee for my anti-virus software (download
version) with automatic upgrades, so Symantec is not the
culprit this time.

Which hotfix are you referring to?

I went to the Microsoft website and check for any updates
and none where listed for my system.

I have no problems sending faxes, just viewing the list
after they have been sent (white screen with no right
scroll bar).

I do also have frequent reception problems, but I think
it may be on the sending side, because my modem
acknowledges the handshake, but the fax transmission does
not complete. I do get an error message saying that a
fax transmission was attempted, but not completed.

As far as software changes on my system, none that I can
think of that would affect my fax software. The software
was preinstalled by the factory (HP) and no CD's where
sent with the machine.

If there is some line of code that I could check for
errors it would be helpful for me to look at it and then
I could provide more specific information on what my
machine is "thinking".

Thanks for your help,

Kathy

The Hotfix listed does not apply.

I can view the sent faxes if I guess where it is located
on the list that is being covered by a white screen.

Kathy

How many faxes were in the Inbox before stopped working? There may be a
limit to how many you can view there. Have you tried archiving some faxes to
see if things clear up?

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> The Hotfix listed does not apply.
>
> I can view the sent faxes if I guess where it is located
> on the list that is being covered by a white screen.
>
> Kathy

I have tried emptying the box, I have tried deleting all
the old faxes (after archiving them in another file). So
far nothing has worked. In fact now the files are not
even being recorded on the listing since April 5. Any
suggestions.

Kathy