Cannot Add Printer - No Option for Local Printer

Hi, Basically i have an old printer that uses the normal
printer cable. I got a new Win XP computer recently and i
wanted to add this printer to it.

i downloaded the latest drivers from the internet (the
printer is a lexmark 1100)

when i go to add printer on the printer screen in XP it
does not let me click the option " LOCAL PRINTER ATTACHED
TO THIS COMPUTER"

i do not understand what is wrong, it only lets me click
a network computer

I need some help on this matter, and appreciate any ideas,
Thanks...

To add a Local Printer, you need to be an administrator on that computer.

Sounds like the user account you logged on with is not in the Administrators
group.

Logon with a user account that is a member of the local Administrators group
and try again.
--
Bruce Sanderson MVP Printing

"kish" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, Basically i have an old printer that uses the normal
> printer cable. I got a new Win XP computer recently and i
> wanted to add this printer to it.
>
> i downloaded the latest drivers from the internet (the
> printer is a lexmark 1100)
>
> when i go to add printer on the printer screen in XP it
> does not let me click the option " LOCAL PRINTER ATTACHED
> TO THIS COMPUTER"
>
> i do not understand what is wrong, it only lets me click
> a network computer
>
> I need some help on this matter, and appreciate any ideas,
> Thanks...

TRENDING THREADS