Battlefield Vietnam Problems;

gijas

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
I know this is a really old game but maybe someone could help me. I recently installed BFV on my Windows 7 Proffessional 64 Bit PC but have noticed some problems.

First, when I try to create a Coop server to play alone with the Bots and try to join either a Local or Internet Server the game crashes back to the desk top. However, I can join another persons server in the server browser just fine. What could be the problem here?

Two, when I try to change my in-game settings through the Options menu. For example turning menu music off and adjusting the volume in the game or the screen resolution. Then I restart but the settings are back to the defaults ones?

I read somewhere that BFV needs to be Run as a Administrator through the taskbar/desktop shortcut. Is this the solution or is it something else entirely?

PS My BFV is patched up to the latest version. I also reinstalled the game due to these problems occuring with no success.

gijas

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011

Forgot to mention that I can not change sides while playing the single player instant battles. I always start on NVA side for some reason. Is there a way to switch sides before entering a single player instant battle?